Comatose review by Skillet

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
Skillet: Comatose

My first impression of the music was it is really complicated. What I mean is it has such a complex guitar a bass sceam that it sounds so good and not like it is so complex you can't understand it. The guitarist one of the best in christian music today. He can pull of so many tricks that sounds so well in the music. He is just the lead guitar the rythm guitarist also plays the keyboard. Usually she plays the guitar in the chorus and bridge but she also plays the keyboard in the verses. The bassist is very talented too the five string bass and it sounds great. The meaning of the title track on the record Comatose, means unconcious. I think the meaning is we are living like everyone wants us to live, we should live the way that god wants us to live.

The singing on this record was amazing. the blend of the male singer and the woman singer is perfect in the record. The lead singer's skills definatly increased this record. He has stepped up his screaming aand soft singing a lot. I think the lyrics fit in well with the music.But in a few of the songs his singing capability doesn't show.

For me this album doesn't compare to any of my Kutless albums but overall it is a really good album. the miost impressive songs on the album were: Rebirthing, The Last Night, Yours To Hold, Comatose, The Older I Get, Say Goodbye, Looking For Angels, Whispers In The Dark, and on the special edition live free or let me die. If this albu, m was stolen I would just burn it of my computer again and not waist the money but if I didn't have it on my computer I would by it again.