Comatose review by Skillet

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
Skillet: Comatose

The great guitar licks from Ben Kasica along with Korey Cooper. John's lyrics and voice along with Korey's deliver an un-matchable sound to other bands. The bass is loud unlike most basses and his voice isn't to high or low all matching the overall sound. The violins and solo's are awesome btu you'll just have to see.

Great songs and lyrics that are attatchable to christians and non-christians just talking about the hardships in life. 01. Rebirthing - talks about a new life and how you were nothing and God made you perfect in his eyes. 02. The Last Night - relates to many people and how with God you will never be alone again. 03. Yours To Hold - incorporates Korey's lyrics with love and passion. 04. Better Than Drugs - how God's love is better than drugs (self-explanatory). 05. Comatose - waking up to the world and seeing what is going on and trying to do something about. 06. Older I Get - another love song. 07. Those Nights - about getting away from the world to a place where you feel safe. 08. Falling Inside The Black - how we our fading away and nobody really cares unless we don't go at life alone. 09. Say Goodbye - love song. 10. Whispers In The Dark - my fav. but it talks about how someones always there for you even when you think you aren't. 11. Looking For Angels - talks about the issues in the world and how we try to find someone or something good to turn to.

No other artists can be compared to Skillet and no matter how much their sounds (and looks) change they will still be them. The best songs in my opinion are Whispers and Comatose but listen and find out for yourself. There is no downside to Skillet even though some may believe it's the girls. They just make it better! I would buy this CD ten times just to say (and prove) I love Skillet but you can be the judge of that. Hope this helps (the deluxe edition is so awesome for the record). Sorry it's 2 years. late but better late then never right?