Comatose review by Skillet

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
Skillet: Comatose

Skillet is a revolutionary band in the Christian field. It leads most of the market's rock for a reason, and that's because they can pull off a sound that appeals to the mainstream, but lyrics that apply to positive lifestlye. Skillet has a good way to bring some solos and hard brain-beating bass notes into their songs. John Cooper the lead singer has an amazing voice. Ben Kasica and Korey Cooper (John Cooper's wife), show off their musical genius. The drummer Lori Peters has left the band, but while the CD was being made, she did an awesome job. They don't call her Lord Peters for nothing. Overall Skillet takes home one of the best sound awards of Christian Rock today.

Skillet's lyrics are very heartfelt. Their hit song "The Last Night" is talking about a girl who cuts herself at night and has her own secret life and that if she decides to let God take control that this will be the last night alone and the last night spent hurting. Almost every song by Skillet has some sort of meaning to it, which is very nice to have for any band. Overall Skillet has some of the best lyrics, but I still feel they're lacking a little bit.

Skillet just finished off a tour with Decyfer Down and Thousand Foot Krutch. Decyfer Down is a new band so they are not up to Skillet's strength but they are still an awesome band, while TFK is a little bit more varied in their music style. Overall Skillet wins versus these two bands, for now anyways. Overall Skillet is a very good band and appeals to a lot of people.

skillet_fan1209
    obviously by my username, I love Skillet, but I had to protest to your diss on "The Older I Get." I absolutely love that song. I play piano/guitar and sing, and when my brother sings backup to it, it sounds wicked sweet. The song was written for killer bgvs!
    Caleb Weyant
    Logan_B their guitarist is one of the best in all of music today soon no one will compare to him
    Ita3rd
    Skillet is an amazing band. The first song of theirs I ever heard was "Whispers in the Dark" and I was hooked from then. I bought this album a couple days later and it really is fantastic. Great vocals, some nice heavy guitar riffs and solos, and some very beautiful ballads. Everybody needs to check this album out.
    tyler.siders
    comatose is an awesome album falling inside the black is my favorite song on the album
    xDeadReckoningx
    You honestly think their guitarist is one of the best in music? I think this may be the worst CD I have ever heard.