Invincible review by Skillet

• Released: Feb 1, 2000
Skillet: Invincible

The sound on this CD is a lot different then the most recent Skillet release. They have a heavy industrial sound going. There's no fancy guitar playing, but Korey Cooper does an excellent job with the sampling and keyboards. The CD has a cool sound. It's like techno/pop/metal. They throw a few slow songs in that sound very cool.

The lyrics on this CD are very blantently Christian. They don't beat aroung the Bush about what they believe in. Jon Cooper's singing skills are awesome. He screams well on the heavier songs, and he sings very well on the slower ones. The song "Rest" is probably the song that stands out lyrically the most. Overall, the lyrics are very hope filled. These guys firmly believe that God is all they need, and that theme is repeated throughout the CD.

Invincible isn't the best Skillet album, but it's still great. It's alot more industrial than there other releases. THe best songs on the Cd are "Come On To The Future," "Invincible," "You Take My Rights Away," and "Best Kept Secret." I love everything about this CD. I highly recomend that you go out and buy it.

Topass
    Damn man this album is great! A lot of the singing reminds me of NineInchNails. I didnt know they were a christian rock band until just now. But I never really listen to lyrics anyway. I'll probably stay for the music. Best Kept Secret is nice and happy! But thats probably just my inner child typing.