The Greater Wrong Of The Right Review

Skinny Puppy: The Greater Wrong Of The Right
Release Date: May 25, 2004
Label: SPV
Genres: Industrial Dance, Industrial
The Greater Wrong Of The Right proves that Skinny Puppy remain one of the most innovative new electro act of this or any decade!
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
The Greater Wrong Of The Right Reviewed by: aenimafist, on august 01, 2007

Sound: Skinny Puppy is a hardcore industrial band that utilizes both sampling and techno sounds and heavy guitars and basses. There are a lot of synths and samplers in use here so it has more of a techno industrial sound than a metalic sound. It sounds as though pretty much everything is put through at least one synth and then the sound is morphed. The only problem this leads to is that everything starts to sound sort of the same after a while. The first song I'mmortal is a great track to start off with because it isn't slow and it has a heavy guitar to start with right off the bat. // 9

Lyrics: All of the vocals are processed it sounds like and therefore it makes the voice of the singer sound somewhat mysterious and crunchy. The singer reminds me very much of Marilyn Manson the way he delivers his vocals. The lyrics in the packaging are not labled from song to song but are all put into one long paragraph so apparently there must be some story connected to the songs. SP use very interesting grammar which, if you can make it out, really makes you think about what you are hearing. // 9

Overall Impression: This is probably not the best album you will buy in the field of industrial music. I enjoyed it very much and appreciated what I heard not regretting my purchase. The art is very gross and creepy with a strange worm-infested head thing and a creepy guy eating flesh. The packaging is also different. The best songs are easy to point out: I'mmortal, Pro-Test, EmpTe, and Goneja. Those are what I think the tracks are any new Skinny Puppy fan should look into first. // 9

Comments