Sound Soldier review by Skye Sweetnam

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
Skye Sweetnam: Sound Soldier

I love this album! The sound is just unique. The genres are basically pop rock, punk rock, and alternative rock... Which is music I don't generally like, Skye got me lovin' her! The music is generally good, although a couple of songs have room for improvement.

I like the songs on this... they have original lyrics, and don't use too many effects. 01. Human: I love this song. Its about not just going along with mainstream, and doing what everyone else does. Basically be original! 02. Music Is My Boyfriend: not the best, but its catchy. Also a little mad. But after listening to it a couple of times, I couldn't help liking it!! 03. Boyhunter: this is far from my favorite... its a bit too pop...though its better than many other songs I've some across... 04. Ghosts: another weird one, but its stuck in my head and I like it! 05. Scary Love: I like this... Can't say why, but I like the music... 06. (lets Get Movin') Into Action: fun song, with Tim Armstrong. Again, not the best, but I have to say, it rocks 07. Cartoon: this isn't as original and amazing as the others, but I am addicted for some reason! 08. Make-Out Song: one of my favorite two songs on the album. Its wild, and unexpected. LOVE IT! 09. Ultra: not a very common kind of song. I like the way it says how boys and girls are different, but "I hate you, but I need you so" 10. Kiss A Girl: I like the intro... The music during the verses isn't all that great, but it gets better in the chorus. 11. Babydoll Gone Wrong: my other favorite song. I still haven't been able to figure out what the whole thing means. I can catch some stuff in snatches... but it is the most original song on the track. 12. Girl Like Me: I shouldn't like this, but I do. Generally, I HATE music like that. But this song is so addictive, even though I know I shouldn't be liking it...

I have to admit, there are a a couple of weird songs, but the good ones are so good, that they absolutely make up for it. And this, considering I generally hate the genre... Pop rock and alternative! Ugh! But Skye pulls it off perfectly. Her first album, Noise from the Basement is blown away by this. Ok, that's got some good songs, but they are more pop-like... I love Sound Soldier MUCH better. Rock On Skye!