4th Degree review by Slapshock

• Released: Jan 1, 1999
Slapshock: 4th Degree

Slapshock's 1st album, 4th Degree has catchy sounds. Ranging from rap-metal to OPM, this band is truly unique in their style. The hit "Agent Orange" gives the attention to all listeners. Songs are somehow aggressive, pleasing, cool, hip, and headbanging. Different effects are used here, such as wah, heavy metal distortion, chorus, etc. gives their total craftmanship in their music. Even though it's loud, their music has a tone. Compare it to other rap-metal bands here in the Philippines. Jamir Garcia, the vocalist of the band, has a an extraordinary growl. Same as their music, it's loud yet it has a tone. I've heard other bands like them that has growling lyrics but it only makes noise. If you are finding a cool, loud and catchy vocalist, Slapshock's Jamir is the best choice.

The lyrics gives me a lesson too. For example the track entitled "Sulok," reminds me on being a careful keeper of money. Some say it's loud but they do not realize the song has it's meaning. "Agent Orange" gives me a moral lesson on striving hard in everyday life. As a listener, you should interpret what you hear, do not take it the meaning by the lyrics, give a deeper meaning on it. All in all, the lyrics of this song gives you a lesson. But please don't use unpleasant words here. Take note it's lyrics contained some bad words. Nevertheless, it still gives me helpful lesson in life. Every song has it's meaning eventhough you can't understand it.

Never underestimate this band. Just compare this band to other rap metal bands here in the Philippines. They are the only one who strives hard and their career is very progressive. They are always busy on their tours and gigs all around the Philippines. I appreciate this band because of their hardwork and determination. Read their thank you's in the leaflet of the album 4th Degree. Some say they are violent-looking and noisy but I am strucked when I read their thank you's and dedications. Like Lean Ansing (guitarist) he said "Thanks to my mom (I love you) & 'til the next album!" It shows how they love their family and they also show that they are really serious about their music career. Attitude and Musicianship gives slapshock a longer life. Today, Slapshock are very busy on making their 6th album. Hope their will be more bands like Slapshock.

Nicks
    Thank you ug staff for approving my review.More power to you and God Bless!-Nicks
    kaizen
    Slapshock's music is one of the bands that I kinda like listening to. Thanks for the review!