Silence review by Slapshock

Slapshock: Silence

The 6th album of Slapshock entitled "Silence" makes another success in the music scene here in the Philippines. Their style of music became a little bit emotional (I don't mean about emo punk) yet still heavy as it is. The style of the drummer has also improved as you will listen to their hit "direction". Chi Evora performs the fast paced double bass beats which contributes to the "heaviness" of their music. As far as I'm concerned, their "growling" was reduced and their music is becoming almost friendly to the ears of the listeners. What I can say about their music is heavy and emotional.

As what I've said before, They have improved. Though it still contains explicit lyrics, their words are almost expressive towards one's love ones. Some of the messages are a bit tragic, listen to the song "Adios". Their Lyrics are really evolving, from violence to expression of positive emotions.

I still salute their creativity and skills. They are exploring new styles of music just to be in the mainstream of the music scene here which means they really work hard. Their single "Direction" was also ranked number 1 in MYX daily top 10 during their releasing of their album. We, the fans of slapshock will expect another album from them. In our hearts, their band will be Legendary someday.