Apocalyptic Love review by Slash

• Released: May 22, 2012
Slash: Apocalyptic Love

This album I felt was amazing on the sound wise guitars were killer and vocals were freaking amazing, Myles is the best singer in my opinion that Slash has been with in general. It sounds like Guns N' Roses ("Appetite" era) but with on key amazing vocals. The drummer and bass player should get some recognition for the effort that they put in this album the bass lines are smooth and the drums spot on. Another thing that I like about this album is that it has this more raw feel to it like it is what slash has wanted to do for a long time. This album was done with producer Eric Valentine, he captures the bads defining moments so clearly and amazingly. The one problem I have with this album is that, if listening through head phones it sounds like Slash on one side and everyone else on the other. (I understand that it really doesn't sound overly this way) as a casual listener I think that it is a little off setting but you do get used to it. But as a guitar player it is easier to isolate Slash's parts than it is like other albums. One other note about this album is that the songs were one or two takes, they were recorded as if it was live. The only thing that was overdubbed was Myles' vocals. This album is just what slash has wanted to do for a long timee. Oh and the name of the band should have been The Conspirators because "Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators" is a little bit of a mouth full.

Lyric wise this is an amazing album. Song to song you have feel that your there with Myles and Slash experiencing these topics they range from. The one track that I really like is "Far And Away" it is amazing in all forms and the vocals on that song are amazing it really shows Myles Kennedy's vocal range well. All the other songs are fastpassed and are amazing vocals.

All I have to say is "Anastasia", "Far And Away" and "Bad Rain" some killer songs on there if the album was stolen I'd buy it again and the album is amazing in general. After listening to it 20 times I say that it is great and pretty close to "Appetite" for killer songs.

razor888razor88
    For all the stuff thats coming out this blows them out of the water I loved it and wish this kind of music was way more popular with the youth, I for one am tired of all the Justin Bieber BS and such going around, Great job hope I can see you guys live
    (sic)knot
    Amazing and beast album. Myles' voice compliments Slash's sic riffs throughout every song. I can listen to this whole album over and over again. I'm not sure if Slash's guitar playing has gotten better, though he thinks it has now that he is clean and has a clearer mind, but he will always have those classic riffs that he had in GNR and now he added even more catchy licks that I wanna learn!! btw he got the Riff Lord award at the Golden Gods, which serves him right.
    swave75
    Here is a radical idea but I don't think it will happen. Why not Mike Patton? It doesn't look like Faith No More will record a new album (just tour the world). He is an awesome singer.