Live - Made In Stoke 24/7/11 [DVD] review by Slash

• Released: Nov 15, 2011
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Slash: Live - Made In Stoke 24/7/11 [DVD]

I'm making this review after hearing the songs streamed on the internet by Rolling Stone. The DVD will be officially released on November 15, but I couldn't resist listening already. + Myles sings like a pro, as always. Everything is really smooth and tight, a great rock concert. Gotta love Slash's tone. - Slash was (a tad) nervous/drunk? I catch him making some awful mistakes like playing out of tune or speeding up and slowing down fast in "Slither", "Patience", "By The Sword" etc. Yes, yes he is only human, but usually you don't hear mistakes like these from this man, especially when recorded live.

Content — 10
Been There Lately Night Train Ghost Mean Bone Back From Cali Rocket Queen Civil War Nothing To Say Starlight Promise Doctor Alibi Speed Parade Watch This Beggars & Hangers On Patience Solo (Godfather) Sweet Child O' Mine By The Sword Mr. Browstone Paradise City A PERFECT setlist in which I only missed "Fall To Pieces" because I simply love Slash's solo there. All time classics and Slash hits are to be heard, great stuff!

Production Quality — 10
Stoke's one of Slash's favorite places and he made it special with making this CD/DVD/Blu-Ray.

Played on the 24th of July 2011, Slash has finally finished creating the live DVD and is putting it out on November 15. The live streams promise great stuff, and for the people who were actually there, I'm damn jealousy of you!

nickcallear
    lvd1
    wow, no covers for the stoke show!? i thought at least some zeppelin in that set list considering it's england and all.
    mumbles36
    nickcallear wrote: Im from stoke and i went to this gig. It was amazing i shall be looking for it in the shops.
    Me tooooo =D
    SlashWannabe1
    The reviewer is tone deaf, lacks rhythm and is mislead. Slash's playing was spot on and he had zero mistakes in Slither. Also Slash does not even drink let alone do drugs or smoke anymore for the last 3-4 years!!!. Collectivly as a concert, this was the most solid whole concert Slash has EVER DONE live. Just when I thought I could play his songs with my band and do them justice who slaps me back into my humble place as a guitarist with this concert, he really put out the ownage at this show and you could tell it meant a lot to him to do it.