Ain't Life Grand review by Slash's Snakepit

• Released: Oct 10, 2000
Slash's Snakepit: Ain't Life Grand

The overall sound is fantastic, Slash's guitar is unmistakeable of corse, all the music is played with extreme style. It is a rock and roll album and sounds just like you would want it to but their are some pianos, saxaphones and other things thrown in aswel. Theirs a great mix of rock and roll, metal, jazz and thrash music and yet somehow they all fit together brilliantly. The solos are of corse fantastic but should you expect any less from fuzzy face? nope.

Rodney Jackson is brilliant, whos ever heard of this guy? No one. Why not? He's frikkin brilliant. A deep rough voice that can sing wounderfuly as well as shout as well as anyone iv ever heard. I'm not sure if Rod sings all the lyrics on the last track 'Alien' but if he does then that song realy is a showcase for the guy. brilliant. The lyrics have meanings but dont make too much of a point to them but instead keep them fun and exiting every time.

I cannot recomend this album enough, Slash has created one of the best rock albums I have ever heard in Aint life Grand. It's better than anything he ever done with Guns 'n Roses, it even beats appitite. It real is that good. It's difficult to choose the best songs, there is no filler on this, but at a push I would say: Been there latley, lifes a sweet drug and aint life grand are my favorites but everything is worth listning to over and over. To begin with the album seems uneven, songs like 'Shine' feel out of place and poor but with more listens they grow on you. The rest however will blow you away first time you hear it and the second, and the third and many more times to come. Even the cover is brilliant, the caractures of the band, the cartoons, the top hat snake, the super cool pic of Slash and the band on the inside. Great! If lost or stolen I would order another as soon as I found out, then hunt down who took it. Friends of mine have already tried it but failed and bought it themself. To conclude; one of the best albums ever made buy it then copy it a few time to make sure u never lose it.