It's Five O'Clock Somewhere review by Slash's Snakepit

• Released: Feb 13, 1995
Slash's Snakepit: It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

This album is great, I didn't think it would be. I'm a huge of Slashs guitar work so I gave it a shot with not too high expevtations. I was wrong this album was very well done. In my opinion these are the songs that could have saved Guns N Roses, but anyway. The album is very well produced, not too polished and still very raw, but you can make everything out very well. The sound was very hard rock, what do you expect with Slash and Matt Sorum are both on this, and Gilby Clarke is on it. So it's most of the GN'R line up on here. The title is great "Its 5 o clock somewhere" this comes from Slash, it was right after the Use your Illusions tour ended. It was after the last gig and he wanted a drink. The airport bar was closed after 5, but the bartender said "It's 5 o'clock somewhere, here have a drink". What a great title for a album. This album is really hard rock, but you can hear hints of blues and funk in this album.

The lyrics are well done. It's not like GN'R completly, but the lyrics have a hint of chaos and a big f--k you to Axl Rose, Especially the song "What Do You Wanna Be". The lyrics in some songs are kinda sad. "Neither Can I" is sad it's about a friend who commited suicide. For the most part it's a very well written lyrics, and they fit the songs very well. They aren't insanely clever like most of GN'R's work. The Singer has a very good voice, I was pleasently surprised he delivered very good vocals.

Well seeing how this was Slash's first solo album I can't compare. I do like this CD more then "Ain't Life Grand". My favorite songs on this album are "Neither Can I", "What Do You Wanna Be", "Beggars And Hangers On" And "Dime Store Rock", but most of the band is very good. I love that this album really showed that Slash didn't need Axl or Guns N' Roses to be successful. This album has the under line of f--k you to Axl, but this isnt what this album is about. I, love that this album is the band having fun, it's a very good album. All the musicians shine on this album. If this album where stolen I would be pissed it is very hard to find this album, I'd go to the ends of the world to find it again.

VarunRock
    WOW barely any GN'R fans know about this album they are missing out so much i only found it in HMV cause of my sister
    git-airman
    i havent heard the album, only some songs throuth 5star rated guitar pro tabs but theyre still awesome!
    gerardk
    Suprised by how good this was. Some great guitar solos and riffs. Top stuff!!
    ace man
    Right from the first listen its pretty clear this should have been the next gnr record, or at least formed a big part of it. Axl would have sung the shit out of the material.
    davidtomas.lope
    great first Slash solo album not as tight as Ain't Life Grand or his recent albums but it has a great vibe and some great songs Must Listen ones: Neither Can I Dime Store Rock Good to be Alive Monkey Chow Be te Ball Back and forth again