Christ Illusion review by Slayer

• Released: Aug 8, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 1.7 Junky
Slayer: Christ Illusion

Slayer: a band near legendary, a band who, together with others, pioneered the trash metal genre. The influence of the band is undeniable. However, this album does not compare to their previous efforts at anyway what'soever. While the quick speed guitar riffs sound really cool, they get repetive after a while. The strong yelling vocals are so harsh they get annoying. This isn't innovative at all; it's the same stuff Slayer's put out before.

The lyrics are probably the worst part of the album. Although there are some parts where Araya writes some really good lyrics, most of the time it's the same stuff we've heard on other Slayer records, "I've chosen 666, I dislike christians, I dislike everyone." Araya also has mediocre singing skills. His vocals are too harsh, so the album gets hard to listen to after a while.

This doesn't compare to Slayer's other albums like "Reign In Blood" and "South Of Heaven." The impressive songs, although few, include "Flesh Storm" and "Jihad." I love some of the guitar riffs, but I hate the feeble solos and vocals. If it were stolen or lost, I would get something else.