Christ Illusion review by Slayer

• Released: Aug 8, 2006
Slayer: Christ Illusion

24 years of controversy, and 24 years of chaos have been good to Slayer, and it shows on Christ Illusion. This album pummeled me in ways Metal hadnt done in a while. When you listen to this album, you might wanna have an extra pair of pants in case you piss yourself. Each note on Christ Illusion is crushing, white-hot needles are pushed into your ears as every minute passes. Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman hit you with speed more intense than the fastest Jet or bullet, and Dave Lombardo pounds the rythym into your face and leaves you in total and utter awe. Christ Illusion isnt gonna leave the Hardcore Slayer fan dissappointed!

The lyrics in the album werent as good as the music itself, but they hold their own, and Tom Araya belts every word out like a pissed-off Demon. Age has not marred his voice, and is more reminiscent of that of Reign In Blood, and doesnt't sound strained as on God Hates Us All and Diabolus In Musica. The lyrical style of this album will probably not appeal to you right away, but after a few listens you'll get used ot it! The lyrics address events going on around us, such as "Jihad", written about 9/11, is from the point of view of an Iraqi terrorist. "Flesh Storm" is written from two perspectives, the point of a soldier in the war, watching body parts fly around him, and watching his friends die, while the other is written from the views of the media. Very clever, over all the lyrics are great.

Definetly, this album is better than any Metal album on the Market, and Slayer definetly delivers. I think the most notable songs on "Illusion" are "Flesh Storm, "Jihad", "Eyes Of The Insane", "Supremist", "Skeleton Christ, and "Cult". I love the fact that this album is the most political and religious album they have, and that even when they are well into their third decade as a band, they still write things that other people wont dare write about. If someone stole this album, I would probably hunt down the faggot that stole it, and beat the crap out of him. Screw buying it again, the person who stole it will die.