Christ Illusion review by Slayer

• Released: Aug 8, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Slayer: Christ Illusion

This CD is alright, it's pretty repetitve, like most Slayer CDs, the album is mostly charged on anti religion, mostly christianity, and politics. The style of the CD is pretty much what makes Slayer stand out, extremely fast palm-muted thrash riffs, and double bass, but they really need to try to go for some different sounds, especially the guitars, the whole play as fast as you can thing is starting to get old to me, and the solos are not very good at all, this CD is definetly not another Raining Blood or South Of Heaven.

The lyrics are decent as usual, they usually keep it on the cutting edge with some of the stuff they say, for example "Jihad" they talk about 911 attacks in the eyes of the terrorist, and the lyrics comply with the music pretty well, I would say that the lyrics were my favorite part of the album, although Tom Araya is a good lyricist, his singing skills have never been good, he can't hold a note at all really, but he works with what he has prety well.

Does it compare to the other albums? No, and I'm not saying that because it's superior, it's probly my least favorite of them all, the only songs that I liked were Jihad, and Cult, none of the others really impressed me, I really don't love anything about this album, but I hate the solo's really bad, and that Slayer's guitar riffs have sounded the same for the past 15 years, if it were stolen, I really wouldn't care.

bass_emagdnim
    fenderdude0071 wrote: i personly love slayer but come on people this is a shit album bands can only go so long before falling apart
    I hear ya. Compared to the earlier works it's really not pretty. Some awesome riffs in there, but for me the vocals are really lacking. For me best album vocally was Seasons. In fact the best album overall for me would again, be Seasons.
    Shazazmic
    mellowyellow729 wrote: why are there the alternate covers for it?
    Because fags all over the world thought the image of a mutilated Christ floating in a river of blood was too violent and offensive. HAIL SLAYER.