Decade Of Aggression: Live review by Slayer

• Released: Oct 22, 1991
Slayer: Decade Of Aggression: Live

Ah, good old Slayer. Some kick ass, old school thrash. This is a double disc live album, and it rules. I bought this album thinking it was a greatest hits and not live, but I was mistaken. But it was a good mistake. This might as well be a greatest hits, as it rules. It's gonna kick your face in and piss on it. Why? Because it's Slayer.

Slayer's lyrics usually deal with going to hell, killing, the holocaust, sending things to hell, worshipping satan, etc. But it's all good. It's not mindless 'Ooohragh kill Christians oooooh die f--kers die ooohhh' stuff, it's intellegent. I'm a Christian and I still listen to songs like Jesus Saves and The Antichrist. Just stomach it, and you discover some fucking good music. Some songs deal with war (War Ensemble, Chemical Warfare, Expandable Youth, Mandatory Suicide), demons and such (Spirit In Black, Captor Of Sin, Born Of Fire) and of course, hell (Hell Awaits, Blood Red, Seasons In The Abyss, Altar Of Sacrifce) and some about random, evil stuff (Dead Skin Mask, Hallowd Point, Die By The Sword, Black Magic). All in all, good stuff. Nine, just 'cause I'm a Christian and not too fond of the satan lyrics.

The fast rhythm, evil vocals, and intense drumming add up into one intense package that is Slayer. If I lost thes CD, I'd easily buy it again. Everything about it is good, I don't think theres one bad thing about it.