God Hates Us All review by Slayer

• Released: Sep 11, 2001
Slayer: God Hates Us All

Note: I'm reviewing the collectors edition. This is a great "return" to form for slayer, even though they never lost it. The songs are brutal and the lyrics are great, as usual. Slayer really blend the fast and slow on this album, both from song to song and within songs themselves. This works really well, and for the most part, the songs blend together (in a good way), and the album flows very well and no song seems out of place. I absolutely love the energy of "Disciple," it makes me want to go insane, and I love the sinister nature and slow tempo of "Bloodline". the two bonus tracks are great too, "Addict" and "Scarstruck," I think the album would be much worse without it. The videos are great, as I'd never say no to a free raining blood video, and bloodline's video adds a great deal to the song (literally, part of the song is left out on the audio track). That was the one fault I had with the sound.

Tom Araya does a really good job with the lyrics here. He does keep the "menacing talk" of previous albums, but he often also screams and sings quite melodically. I expected nothing less. The lyrics deal mostly with satanism, and are pretty disturbng as times, but that's why I love Slayer lyrics.

I think this is possibly Slayer's best album, and I think songs like Bloodline and Disciple should be mandatory listening for all Slayer fans. The songs are all great, I cant really fault any of them. If you like Slayer, you should definitely go and buy the collector's edition for the extra stuff. And the different art work on the cover is cool too. If the album was stolen, I would buy it back straight away, because I love it!

bass_emagdnim
    I was really disappointed with it :/ I'd heard some great things about it... then I listened to it the whole way through and they really don't seem to have put much effort in guitar-wise. I counted few true Slayerised riffs & the solos are pretty scarce... Paul's drumming is on form as usual but that's the only thing that struck me. Divine Intervention is so much better than this.
    dimebag7
    mullenmetal
    this is a pretty bad album most song sound the same reign in blood well kiks its ass!
    HomesliceMan
    dimebag7 wrote: I KEEP THE BIBBLE IN A POOL OF BLOOD SO THAT NONE OF ITS LIES CAN AFFECT ME! haah crazy slayer. but this ablum is 35 bucks! shit
    35 bucks? I saw it at this one place for 8!
    Terrify_Dmac
    this is great slayer, it is right behind the clasic albums. it great to hear some amazing metal coming from slayer again, that sht in the 90s was starting to scare me.
    alkl3rock
    ignoring the fact that this cd is like Metallica's St. Anger do u need a ****ing slap and same goes for you maiden2!!!!! what the **** is the point of coming to this review to say this!!! i hate maiden with a passion but you dont see me on their reviews sayin they suck so just **** off and grow up!!!! GOD HATES US ALL!!!!
    Teufel
    This album really gets me "pumped" - it's so bad ass. Not their best, but it's bad ass.
    postmortemspasm
    my personal favourite album as YES i have herd the others i love the bit on exile where araya screams: I JUST WANT YOU TO DIE!!! then a sick as solo combined with that brutal riff its fantastic. and to whoever sed that the guitars r half assed: no there ****ing not get some ****ing tabs and see for yourself retard...
    chikenpoop666
    love the original cover to, a blood soaked bible with nails hammered in like a pentagram all kerry kings idea