Reign in Blood review by Slayer

• Released: Oct 7, 1986
Slayer: Reign in Blood

Alot of people would call Metallica the greatest metal band ever. I wouldn't. Slayer always puts out great heavy music and this is probably their best album. 10 songs of violent graphic and extremely heavy music. It's big, loud and angry, offensive and it doesn't let up for a minute. Screeching guitar solos, expert shredding, perhaps one of the best drummers ever and a fantastic frontman. Every part of Slayer's sound is tight. This album sounds like it could have been recorded in 10 years after it was, fantastic sound.

I'm not gonna deny that Slayer have crap lyrics, I don't know why they give the main duties to Kerry king but hey It's not my fault. But Tom Araya has a great voice, he could sing happy birthday and make it sound like a death sentence so hearing lyrics about nazis, satanism and murder has a very powerful effect. They get a 4 just cos of the feeling you get when you listen to those words being yelled at you like that.

This is a classic metal album, it's completely over the top brain-mleting music that makes you want to kill things. Go pick it up it's very much worth it. Sure it's only half an hour long but that's half an hour of great music. But hey if you'd rather pick up Meteora by Linkin Park and listen to a pair of Kids crying while some guy is still trying to learn the guitar in the back-ground that's fine by me.