Reign in Blood review by Slayer

• Released: Oct 7, 1986
Slayer: Reign in Blood

Many people consider Reign in Blood to be Slayers best work as well as a Metal Classic and I have to agree 100%. Reign is Blood was considered ahead of its time because of the insane speed of the songs on this album and since Reign in Blood came out nobady has really matched this sort of speed. Whenever I listen to this CD I can feel the adrenaline race through my veins and I shed my civilized characteristics as it they are replaced with a visceral, predator's instinct.

The lyrics on Reign in Blood perfectly complement the music. The lyrics deal with evil Nazi doctors, cannibalism, Death, Hell, Madmen..the usual stuff you can expect from Slayer. The lyrics to Jesus Saves (track 5) also have a lot of attitude in them. Tom Arayas vocals are a perfect match for the lyrics and music and doesn't sound to crazy to the point that you can't understand what he's saying and it doesn't sound too "light".

Slayer's Reign in Blood is one of the most vicious, awesome cds I have ever heard and very few can catch up to their level. Since Reign in Blood, Slayer has made many others great cds, however I feel that none of them can surpass Reign in Blood. The only legitimate gripe that I have is that it was not long enough but it doesn't bother me too much because many bands write albums that last an hour or more and they don't sound good.