Reign in Blood review by Slayer

• Released: Oct 7, 1986
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Slayer: Reign in Blood

I was already into metal when I bought this album, and I bought it because it has a reputation as the 'best thrash metal album' ever done. Man I was disappointed. What's all the fuss about, this album is awful. It's extremely samey from start to finish, the riffs, chord progressions, solos, verses, choruses. There is nothing distinctive about the album. And if it's not repetitive, it's still all horrible sounding rubbish. The riffs are all way too minor sounding even for thrash metal, and you can hardly call anything catchy. The guitar solos wind me up. I hate their guitarists Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman. They play insane guitar solos, but it seems all they care about is playing it as fast as they can and squeezing in as many notes as physically possible. This is a great idea for half of a solo, not all the solos in every song. Seriously, they are all the same and these guitarists are the most distasteful musicians I have heard. The best thing about the music is the lyrics which is what I least care about when it comes to music.

I will not comment on the Lyrics because all bands write lyrics personal to them (although I do think they suck). But Tom's voice, argh, it gets so boring and annoying. And repetitive, like everything on the album. Lyrics, why wont it let me submit this unless I say lyrics!

I don't know what my favourite thrash metal album is but it is not this. Master of Puppets deserves the thrown for the best thrash album, over this. There are no standout songs on the album, they are all the same, and not any good at that. I hate everything about the album. I hate the music the vocals the lyrics, the best thing is the CD cover. What's more, this album is undoubtedly responsible for most other death/black/whatever you call it metal that I occassionally hear these days. Thank fcuk there is more decent metal music around as opposed to this. If I lost this album, then that was no acident. It is more likely that I gave this album to the one who tries to steal it and I'd be standing there thinking 'sucker!' Bad bad album, I'll give it a 2 to be generous.

SOUTHofHEAVEN89
    The antechrist wrote: It is way heavier then metallica
    yes slayer is alot better then metallica, so is megadeth, so is death, so is overkill, so is testament, so it... well i really dont like metallica at all... but slayer ****in owns
    Hell's Own
    I need to get this album, but i can't find it anywhere!!! I go to music stores and they have like ten Slayer albums, but not Reign in Blood!!! Im losing my patience!
    South-of-Heaven
    how many more stupid people are going to plague this page? ill start with 555666. why the hell post that up on a website?? go ask your mum!! then for all the peopl after him who actually put what nihilistic means then ur sad. and bondzer, this isnt the best album in the world. no way. slayer are my favorite band, but even i admit that it isnt as good as master of puppets or vulgar display of power. then to ctp flue, how is dave lombardo simple? do you go deaf when it gets to the fills? theyr diferent each time!! and i hate it when people put like 12/10 and 20/10 because its just pointless exageration, and hell's own, order it off the friggin internet stupid. the only sensible thing anybody has said is when steady666 said the thing about the crap songs and good songs, i mean like that is so true, cos angel of death, postmortem and raining blood do make up for like reborn and criminally insane. ok rite i wont bore you any longer i was just really pissed of and i had to tell somebody lol