Reign in Blood review by Slayer

• Released: Oct 7, 1986
Slayer: Reign in Blood

The sound on this album just blew me away, it was just absolutely amazing with the fast tremelo picking, solos, double bass drums it was astounding. Jeff and Kerry do such an overwhelming job on the guitar, they can make solos in short songs, they can pull off really long ones in pretty good lenght songs and they are just amazing at what they do. Dave is an amazing drummer and he uses the double bass drum really well on this album and his drumming in songs just blew me away. Tom is a pretty skilled bassist and he sings and does that too so that's pretty cool and he has really good riffs on the bass. So yah the sound overall was just amazing.

The lyrics, wow, the lyrics blew me away, I mean they put so much thought and energy into their lyrics it is just plain incredible. Tom is a skilled a vocalist he is really, really fast at singing too it is absolutely unbelivable. I think the lyrics in this album are about pain and death and stuff like that. So the lyrics were just astounding.

This album cannot compare to other albums because Slayer did their own metal sort of thing, if there's a band that sounds exactly like them, then show me. I don't have any faveourite songs on this album all of them kicked complete major ass, the solos kicked major, the drumming and just about everything on this kicked ass. I love everything about this album and I hate absolutely nothing about it, I mean Slayer are such an intelligent band that what is there to hate about it! If it were stolen/lost hell yah I would buy it again. Slayer are one of my favourite bands at the moment and I hope they have more good album in the future (I know about Christ Illusion).

alkl3rock
    i love slayer and ihave to say i think that they have done better than this. i bought reign in blood bout half a year ago and i only like 2 songs on the whole album angel of death and the almighty raining blood!! they have produced much better albums such as seasons in the abyss and god hates us all!! great ****in albums
    South-of-Heaven
    Savage Animal
    Criminally Insanes one of the best tracks on that damn album! idk who said otherwise. Epidemic and Reborn are really the only 2 filler songs. Personal favorites are: Altar of Sacrifice, Criminally Insane, and Postmortem
    Cizzie
    You shouldn't compare Slayer to Metallica, I like Slayer but love Metallica, now I won't say 'Metallica iz way betterz than Slayer bcz they rox'. Metallica isn't that heavy and trash as Slayer, now that isn't a bad thing! I like Slayer now and then, but get a bit tired of the quick drumbeats and riffs after a few songs. btw. 1986 is the best year! Master of Puppets and Reign in Blood are the best metal albums! (Now don't go comparing them )
    80smetalpro0987
    this abulm is over rated every one says this abulm is so good for like 2 songs on the abulm raining blood angel of death i give is a 4
    bassplayer496
    It's good, I hate to go with everybody else, but angel of death and raining really are the best songs. This may be slightly overrated, it is repetitive, but slayer are definately the truest thrash band, but not the best. Once again, I hate to go with everybody else, but Metallica is still the best in my opinion. Pantera's probably second for thrash, and I love Megadeth, but I really don't think of them as thrash in the least bit. All in all, this album's good, but overrated. The singing is pretty bland. Still worth a listen though. ~Love, Dallas~
    Sanitarium91
    Wow, I cant really see why such an album like this has such a great reputation, I mean the "singing" is in fact just really fast talking and the guitars sound like they've just put notes togheter and played them really fast. Well ok maybe the guitars arent that bad, although I dont like em so much. If this is considered the album that defines thrash metal(I would say this is some kinda "Satanic thrash metal" but what are you gonna do...), then I think Metallica never was all that much thrash, and I guess that means I have never liked thrash metal all that much, except Megadeth, which reminds this a bit more than 'Tallica, is way better than this, eventhough i might have said some pretty stupid things about it. Ok, this is allright in its own way I guess, but I like Metallica and Megadeth way more than this.
    leeprechaun
    South-of-Heaven : 2? 2?!? are you on drugs?? sorry but that unregistered person who gave regin in blood an overall of 2 then you should stay unregistered. i know its not the best album in the world, but come on! maybe you expected too much of the album but don't **** this site up with a rating like that. actually i was registered, mate. no need for a reaction as hostile as that tho - i cud hav done wors i cud hav given it an overall 1, which is far mor thn the album deserves at ne rate. And yes i did expect a bit more of the album - with the reputation it has, ne1 would. I could give a lot of reasons on why i think this album is a pile of ***** arguin online is like running the special olympics, even if u win ur stil retarded