Reign in Blood review by Slayer

• Released: Oct 7, 1986
Slayer: Reign in Blood

this album goes beyond brutal, and way beyond awesome. This album created what we know as thrash today. And therefore what we know as metal. All "metal" bands ow their existance to the sound of this album. This album sounds like it came from the boules of hell. No joke it's not for the faint of heart. Pregnant women and young children, and old people should stay away from this album if at all possible. THe first time I heard the intro to rainning blood I almost cryed. I was 7 but the next time I heard that I couldnt help but headbang to the kick ass riff.

The lyrics of this album sum it up in a few words. They have contributerd to the lyrics of modern death metal. They reflet the whole band. Death, Satan, Blood, Rain, everything you would expect from a band with a name like Slayer. Tom Araya is a genius. His vocals blend so well with the brutaslity of the music and lyrics that it's almost like they were written by satan himself. I can't say enough about the vocals lyrics and overall sound ot this classic metal album. You heard me classic metal.

This album can't be compared to anything else from this genre. This is the diffinitive thrash album. Without it there wouldn't be any thrash, at all. The obviously most impressive song on this album is Rainning Blood. When you say Slayer you think Rainning Blood. The simplicity of the songs is their genius. The speed and power of the songs in this album make it one of my all time favorites. If it was stolen or lost. If it was stolen and I saw who took it I'd chase their ass down and take it back. If it was lost I'd be at the nearest music store as quickly as I could to buy a new one. I have my own underground metal band and my first song (other than stairway to heaven) was Rainning Blood. If it weren't for that album where would metal be? I'd rather not know

Nightstrider
    leeprechaun wrote: South-of-Heaven : 2? 2?!? are you on drugs?? sorry but that unregistered person who gave regin in blood an overall of 2 then you should stay unregistered. i know its not the best album in the world, but come on! maybe you expected too much of the album but don't **** this site up with a rating like that. actually i was registered, mate. no need for a reaction as hostile as that tho - i cud hav done wors i cud hav given it an overall 1, which is far mor thn the album deserves at ne rate. And yes i did expect a bit more of the album - with the reputation it has, ne1 would. I could give a lot of reasons on why i think this album is a pile of ***** arguin online is like running the special olympics, even if u win ur stil retarded
    Saying Reign in Blood sucks before turning around and claiming Master of Puppets as the greatest thrash album ever is far more retarded than running in the Special Olympics.
    Slaytanic1993
    Man, people say "oh, this is filler, this and that, shit foaming out of my mouth..." Pfft, Slayer have never released a filler song IMO. METALLICA HAVE! The Shortest Straw, Harvester of Sorrow, the whole MoP, RtL, and KeA albums, and the NLtL demo. Oh, and everything past Black album = pure horseshit. SLAYERRRRR!
    kow God
    I dont have the "Reign in Blood" album but i have "Decade Of Aggression" and "Diablos in Musica", and I enjoy them both...Slayer Doesnt Really have a "Crappy" Cd. Diabos In Musica is probably their least best, but it is still a good Cd.
    Tormedhammeren
    I saw one of the reviews said "no stand-out tracks"...what? WHAT? Have you ever heard "Raining Blood"? Who can forget the intro with the pooring rain and thunder. Thud-thud-thud!...Thud-thud-thud! If you're looking for catchy pop-tunes, then thrash isn't your thing! This is an epic album, and I strongly recommend you to experience it. Nuff said!
    fr33t0m
    Amazing album!!!! Absolutely deserves all the praise it has received. The only song I think doesn't match up to the others is Epidemic. If you're a fan of real metal buy this album and listen to it until your head is thrashing like hell(shouldn't take long!). Some people won't give this album enough time to start kicking their asses, but once you get used to their style Slayer is likely unmatched in its perfect blend of speed, brutality, and headbang-a-bility. Slayer (and this album in particular) has and will continue to influence a huge range of metal bands! Definitely a favorite album of mine by an outstanding band! Don't miss out on this album!!! 10/10
    jfsj123
    to south of heaven have u ever heard everyone has their own opinion u wanker. I like slayer they boost ur adrenilin!!
    Slaytanic1993
    Oh, and, best RiB songs: Piece by Piece, Necrophobic, Jesus Saves, Epidemic, Reborn, Raining Blood.
    priestfan76
    This album makes me wanna eat kittens and punt babies.This is the reason why Slayer is such a huge band.
    Sanitarium91
    bassplayer496 wrote: It's good, I hate to go with everybody else, but angel of death and raining really are the best songs. This may be slightly overrated, it is repetitive, but slayer are definately the truest thrash band, but not the best. Once again, I hate to go with everybody else, but Metallica is still the best in my opinion. Pantera's probably second for thrash, and I love Megadeth, but I really don't think of them as thrash in the least bit. All in all, this album's good, but overrated. The singing is pretty bland. Still worth a listen though. ~Love, Dallas~
    I agree.
    riteso
    there are two great songs on this album, angel of death and raining blood. thats it. nothing more. a standard album. if you want a thrash metal album i strongly advise sepultura's beneath the remains. ****ing kick ass. it is truely thrash at its best. it leaves reign in blood for dead
    bass_emagdnim
    I'm a real boy wrote: jeff hannemans solos are wild!(kerry King is okay and for all those people who cant notice the difference, king just puts notes together and never uses any scales which makes it sound kinda weird.)great album, I played angel of death for my class performance in music, guess it wasnt really her thing but hey, it kicked everyone elses shitty twelve bar blues back to shitsville. the point is, metal is killer, blues and pop can go to hell!
    To one who's ears are musically tuned it's easy to tell (: just listening to Seasons In The Abyss (the song) gives it away clearly. I much prefer Hanneman's solos. Hanneman is GOD.
    derek5
    1986 is the best year! Master of Puppets and Reign in Blood are the best metal albums! (Now don't go comparing them )
    you're right, but you forgot one album. Megadeth's masterpiece Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? also came out in '86
    I'm a real boy
    MetalMessiah665
    This is an amazing album but Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits, and Seasons In The Abyss are better and less repetitive