Reign in Blood review by Slayer

• Released: Oct 7, 1986
Slayer: Reign in Blood

Slayer have always gave people a punch in the face with the music. With Kerry King's and Jeff Hannemann's machine-gun guitars, Tom Araya's over the top vocals and Dave Lombardo's insane drumming skills is what makes Reign In Blood and every other Slayer album what it is. The sound of this album is epic. It has a sort of melodic approach to Kerry and Jeff's guitar playing. But on the other hand still is insanely fast, usually pointing to Dave's drumming. Every song included in the album has a different sound in its melody.

In every Slayer album including Reign In Blood, the lyrics are everything. The lyrics of pretty much every on the album are pointed to the occult, sex, death Christianinty and satanism and torture. These are the key points of Slayer. Even if you look at the titles of the tracklist they al at least go with each of the points listed. Angel of Death is death and Christianity. Piece By Piece is torture. Tom Araya's voice has got better since their first release, Show No Mercy. Tom voice is different than any other lead singer in the Thrash metal movment. He has a deep voice.

This album and this band in some way is its own genre of music. It dosen't closely compare to any other type of thrash I have heard. The best and recommended tracks on the album are Angel Of Death, Necrophobic, Epidemc and of course Raining Blood. I love the guitar solos and leads, especially the leads to Raining Blood. I don't hate anything about the album.If this album went missing from my collection, I would buy it again because I have all the Slayer albums and I can't have them all except for one.

Pree666
    530-333-1962-For your info,Metallica's a ****ed up sinking ship.Most of their songs have the same 3rd rate losreific pattern.It's called the "E phyrigian mode" by all us metal guitarists.Slayer defines what metal is all about.You are a poser "Metalhead".You haven't hears shit in metal except "Metallica".Sad.Very very sad.
    macca7even
    This album Kicks maximum ass. I dont care what any one says, this album rules. My favourite songs on it are angel of death, jesus saves, criminally insane, epidemic and postmortem and raining blood. Although its all good. Best thrash album EVER. Period.
    530-333-1962
    OUTR4GE666 wrote: SLAYER F**KIN drinks estrogen for breakfast!!!!!
    I never knew that, thanks for sharing
    530-333-1962
    Slaytanic1993 wrote: Man, people say "oh, this is filler, this and that, shit foaming out of my mouth..." Pfft, Slayer have never released a filler song IMO. METALLICA HAVE! The Shortest Straw, Harvester of Sorrow, the whole MoP, RtL, and KeA albums, and the NLtL demo. Oh, and everything past Black album = pure horseshit. SLAYERRRRR!
    Every goddamn song of slayer is filler, filler to your shit filled pussy ears. I actually sort of pity you, you'll never really understand what good music is, so why don't you shove your piece of shit worthless noise albums you call slayer up your pussy, then give me a call if you haven't already FUCKED YOURSELF.
    530-333-1962
    extrememetal129 wrote: Nightsrider Only MoP was a great metal album and Reign in blood was a great piece of steaming horseshit.
    Way to stick it to the man
    530-333-1962
    oh... THAT guy wrote: wow. i bought the album today. the album is shit. Angel Of Death hits you like a a carrot in the vaj, and keeps on with this all the way to the end.raining blood is the worst track on the album, this review won't be helpful, but this is slayer at the top of their game, which is literally shit compared to any other music. 0/10
    Good, it's nice to see people aren't afraid to speak out.
    530-333-1962
    The antechrist wrote: It is way more emo then metallica
    couldn't have said it better myself
    530-333-1962
    bassplayer496 wrote: It's bad, I hate to go with nobody else, but angel of death and raining really are the most estrogen-filled songs. This may be slightly overrated, it is repetitive, and boring as ****, but slayer are definately the softest emo band, but not the best. Once again, I hate to go with nobody else, but Megadeth is still the best in my opinion. Pantera's probably second for thrash, and I love Metallica, but I really don't think of them as thrash in the least bit. All in all, this album's horrible and overrated. The singing is pretty bland. You should take a fat shit on this cd and send me the pic ~Love, Dallas~
    Yeah I know megadeth is the absolute best Rust in Peace
    530-333-1962
    you slayer fans... to be honest are morons. How ****ing high do you have to be to be able to listen to that whiney crap for more than a minute? Of course there's no stand out tracks, the drums are literally indistinguishable by themselves, the guy isn't even singing, he's yelling, nah talking into the mike about lyrics that any monkey with a pencil could create. go ahead, call me I'd love to bitch you pusses out for being such angry-pissant losers.
    tricksy16
    Is it me or every other thrash metalhead, but is this album more death metal than thrash metal. What did people see in this album; Reign in Blood is terrible!
    slayer666z wrote: This album ****s all other albums in the ass
    only if the other albums are gay faggots like you
    530-333-1962
    Ragnorak6000 wrote: FUCKING SLAYER RULE THIS ALBUM LICKS SO MUCH ASS.
    eww you're gross man
    530-333-1962
    555666 wrote: what the **** does nihilistic mean?
    means gay, queer, homosexual, pansy like in latin terms.
    530-333-1962
    fr33t0m wrote: Horrible album!!!! Absolutely deserves all the shit-talk it has received. The only song I think doesn't match up to the others is well, all of them, they all suck dick. If you're a fan of pussy metal buy this album and listen to it until your head starts to have it's period like hell(shouldn't take long!). Some people won't give this album enough time to start kicking raping their asses, but once you get used to their style Slayer is likely unmatched in its shitty blend of gayness, estrogen, and butt-licking-a-bility. Slayer (and this album in particular) has and will continue to influence a huge range of emo bands! Definitely a least favorite album of mine by a horrible band! miss out on this album!!! 1/10
    I agree
    530-333-1962
    Nightpussy wrote: leeprechaun wrote: South-of-Heaven : 2? 2?!? are you on drugs?? sorry but that unregistered person who gave regin in blood an overall of 2 then you should stay unregistered. i know its not the best album in the world, but come on! maybe you expected too much of the album but don't **** this site up with a rating like that. actually i was registered, mate. no need for a reaction as hostile as that tho - i cud hav done wors i cud hav given it an overall 1, which is far mor thn the album deserves at ne rate. And yes i did expect a bit more of the album - with the reputation it has, ne1 would. I could give a lot of reasons on why i think this album is a pile of ***** arguin online is like running the special olympics, even if u win ur stil retarded Saying Reign in Blood sucks before turning around and claiming Master of Puppets as the greatest thrash album ever is far more retarded than running in the Special Olympics.
    Mop was the greatest thrash album ever, so shove that up your puss and then try to run the 100m in the s.o.
    530-333-1962
    South-of-Heaven wrote: 2? 2?!? are you on drugs?? sorry but that unregistered person who gave regin in blood an overall of 2 then you should stay unregistered. i know its not the best album in the world, but come on! maybe you expected too much of the album but don't **** this site up with a rating like that.
    I don't think I could agree more with that review, everything was stated exactly as it is. Lower sounding guitars, repetitive voice of killing and murder, and the same ****ing drums for however long this piece of shit lasts.
    530-333-1962
    toolfan_121 wrote: hey, Quintin, I heard about a guy who carved SLAYER in his arm, and the band put a picture of it in one of their albums. I just thought that was cool.
    wow what a fag puss emo
    SGofawesome
    The only song i can't stand by slayer is god hates us all, maybe because how different the vocals are, not used to it.
    andy19
    Jim1845: Angel of Death about Christianity? Have you ever heard/read the lyrics? I suggest you do sometime, then maybe rethink what you wrote.
    freedomdeceptiv
    i like megadeth, metallica, testament, anthrax and death better when it comes to old-school thrash/death but this album is a classic and raing blood is one of the sickest thrash songs ive ever heard!
    postmortem2006
    Sober_god
    The first album i got from slayer was reign in blood. After i listended the album for the first time i wasnt very impressed. I already knew angel of death and raining blood and i expected the other songs to be like this not to last 2 minutes. Either way, some times when you just want to listen something straight forward, in your face this is the best there is.
    Imperial
    This album is thrashy as hell..... *Angel of Death's double-bass plays* Sometimes the ferocity really gets to you and you feel like breaking something. Ha. But yeah, this is a brutal, relentless album. It's not inherently a good or bad thing, it just is.
    guitarfreak222
    Pree666
    530-333-1962-You're not fit to be called a friggin' metalhead.You're a ****in insult to metal just like Metallica.
    postmortem2006
    guitarfreak222 wrote: postmortem2006 wrote: This album, whilst extremely good, doesn't deserve the praise it gets. Yes, its fast angry and brutal - big deal, there are countless better thrahs albums out there. I'm not trying to diss Slayer, but they've become the most overrated band ever and this album has become the most overrated album ever. Evile's "Enter the Grave" is better than this in my opinion, buy that and love it. i totally agree with you i mean this is a really good album and i love slayer but i personally think "enter the grave" is better too. i also think metallicas "master of puppets" and megadeth's "rust in peace" is better than this.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say Master of Puppets is better than this. Master of Puppets isn't even a thrash album, its terrible.
    530-333-1962
    Imperial wrote: This album is emo as hell..... *Angel of dick licker double-bass plays* Sometimes the pussyness really gets to you and you feel like cutting yourself on something. Ha. But yeah, this is a lovey-dovey, compassionate album. It's not inherently a good or bad thing, it just is.
    randyaintdead82
    Cizzie wrote: You shouldn't compare Slayer to Metallica, I like Slayer but love Metallica, now I won't say 'Metallica iz way betterz than Slayer bcz they rox'. Metallica isn't that heavy and trash as Slayer, now that isn't a bad thing! I like Slayer now and then, but get a bit tired of the quick drumbeats and riffs after a few songs. btw. 1986 is the best year! Master of Puppets and Reign in Blood are the best metal albums! (Now don't go comparing them )
    peace sells came out that year as well and i think among the living might have come out as well idk
    Salo666
    530-333-1962 - I cant understand how can someone be so stupid idiot listen to britney looser
    diddykoi6
    SOUTHofHEAVEN89 wrote: The antechrist wrote: It is way heavier then metallica yes slayer is alot better then metallica, so is megadeth, so is death, so is overkill, so is testament, so it... well i really dont like metallica at all... but slayer ****in owns
    +5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
    metalupurazz
    angel of death jesus saves postmortem raining blood are the best tracks and i think this album is the definition of thrash metal because thrash metal is suppose to be fast and not be all melodic with the singing and has to have fast ****ing riffs and solos thats what thrash metal is
    calzy666
    slayer f***in rule best album ever go **** urselves wannabees slayer are the gods (devils) of thrash!!!!
    530-333-1962
    Savage Animal wrote: Criminally Insanes one of the most emo tracks on that damn album! idk who said otherwise. Epidemic and Reborn are really the only 2 filler songs. Personal favorites are: Altar of shit, Criminally dick-hungry, and Postpussy
    dude calm down