Reign in Blood review by Slayer

• Released: Oct 7, 1986
Slayer: Reign in Blood

This probably the most well known Slayer album with the ever so popular song Raining Blood. This one of my favourite Thrash Metal albums ever, Slayer is a unique blend of Black Metal and Thrash Metal, these guys do have satanic meanings but aren't hardcore satanic. The lead singer in my opinion hasn't got a great voice but for his genre it doesn't really matter. The guitar riffs are possibly some of the most insanely awesome riffs ever. The drumming has constantly got a double kick pedal banging away like most Thrash Metal bands. The bass is the typical fast paced rhythm keeping instrument for the band.

The lyrics are all connected to Satan in one way or another but most of it is meaningful and pretty intelligent, Slayers front man is well known for his vocals whether you enjoy it or not is beside the point becuase it doesn't really matter. The lyrics comply with the lyrics fine because Thrash/Black Metal is all about the dark lyrics.

This is by far one of the most impressive albums by Slayer, they really did well with this master piece songs like Angel of death and Raining blood showcase the guitaring skills this band has. The song Criminally insane is a good song that showcases the full bands potential. I love this album becuase it is classic Thrash/Black Metal and because all the songs are genius I don't think there is a single song I dislike on this album. The only thing that is annoying is that eventually the songs sound abit to similar but honestly I couldn't give less of a hoot. If it were stolen I would be so pissed off and be buying it at the next chance I got.

SUICIDEXX666
    MaddMann274 wrote: [quote=Unregistered guy who wrote lame ass review]Master of Puppets deserves the thrown for the best thrash album
    Master is a good album but Regin In Blood kick master of puppet ass You mean throne.... Learn to spell before you write reviews. [/quote]
    that guy tim
    i would say Reign In Blood is the best thrash albam of all time try to think of a beter one? ya carnt
    givemeajackson
    slayer is ****ing awesome, and this is among my 5 favourite thrash albums! the only thing completely turning me off are those goddamn random solos in angel of death! ruining an anthem of thrash!