Seasons In The Abyss review by Slayer

• Released: Jan 1, 1990
Slayer: Seasons In The Abyss

I personally think that this is Slayer's best album out there. Every song on the album is amazing. Unlike the album Reign in Blood, I think Seasons in the Abyss is completely different. This album is absolute pure thrash metal. The solos played on this album are great, and a lot of them aren't just going nuts and hitting notes, especially the songs Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, and Seasons in the Abyss. Every song is put together perfectly, making you want to bang your head to almost every part. If you're just starting to get into Slayer, I highly recommend taking a listen to some of the songs off this album.

The lyrics on this album I think are brutal. They involve death, religion, gore and war. The lyrics tie in perfectly with the album's theme and mostly the whole thrash metal scene. Tom's vox are the perfect screams and growls for this album. I like his vocals on Reign in Blood a bit more though. Every time I take a listen to Seasons in the Abyss, I sometimes will even start singing along with the songs.

I believe that this album is unique in it's own way, and in my opinion, dosen't really compare to most thrash metal artists out there. I can't think of any other band that has pulled of Slayer's sound. It does somewhat compare to the other Slayer albums like Hell Awaits, Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, and Divine Intervention. Some of the best highlights of the album are War Ensemble, Spirit in Black, Dead Skin Mask, and Seasons in the Abyss. I really don't hate anything about this album. It is a great album. I would be very mad if it was stolen, even lost, and I would then have to go get another copy because it is such a classic album.

postmortem2006
    This is probably the last album the band ever did that can actually be classed as good. Still, this is probably my favourite Slayer record. Which doesn't say much since I don't like the band anywhere near as much as I used to.
    SlashKirkSynG
    when i first listened to the song Seasons of the Abyss i accidently set my frying pan on fire. LOL sooo when i listen to this album i think of fire. rofl
    thezohan
    broly_the_best6 wrote: Angel Of Death is just the best song i ever heard in my life. When people ask me what kind of music I listen to, I make them listen to this song and I can see in their face that he/she takes me for a psycho...
    Yo, I totally agree when I show my friends this stuff. Oh yeah, and all my friends think I'm crazy for liking Slipknot and stuff and not rap. Angel of Death could definitely give an old person a heart attack!(It almost gave me one when it stopped suddenly and then did the solo!!!!!).
    noobiepro1996
    SGibson666 wrote: This album is better than sex. PERIOD.
    no it isnt.have u experienced it before.yeah its wonderful
    530-333-1962
    slayer_rule_\m/ wrote: 530-333-1962 wrote: You slayer fans are all idiots to be honest... King can't solo worth shit and the voice in every ****ing song in monotonous and carries an annoying, hard to listen to beat of it all. yes, singing about murder and blood makes you the most badass heavy metal band there ever was, man how ****ing high are you? You know what makes slayer that good a band though. They're Exciting. That is the point of metal, to be exciting and to make music thats great fun to listen to. There are exceptions but slayer isn't one of them.
    I could fall asleep on the crapper listening to them if I tried.
    livewire76
    530-333-1962 wrote: SGibson666 wrote: This album is better than sex. PERIOD. Lol virgin
    LMAO. Agreed. Slayer are good but "better than sex"?? Thats taking things a little bit too far. :p SGgibson666 needs to get out a little more i think. I mean if your girlfriend isnt better looking than the guys in Slayer youve got problems.. or maybe your in jail.. but most likely you havnt got or had one.
    RUSTDOGG666
    yeah this is one of their better albums. old slayer rocks. reign in blood, south of heaven, and seasons in the abyss are my 3 favorite albums. they all deserve a 10. well reign in blood gets an 11. lol.
    Rock'n'Roller
    now i'm not a fan of slayer i'd say but i do like reign in blood a lot i have this album and tbh i thought it was a bit boring dunno why but i just did
    slayer_rule_\m/
    eman61529
    Is it just me or are the intros to war ensemble and angel of death almost exactly the same.... and ironicaly they are both the first songs on cd's i noticed switching back and forth on my itunes.... they are almost identical check it out.
    Slaytan666
    Is anybody else here tired of having turds wrapped in skin tell them this crap? If you don't like Slayer, don't f***ing listen to them. More importantly, stop polluting the earth with your simple-minded drivel. I really hope that's your phone # so i can personally inform you of your douchebag status. Fyvm.
    metal4ever6328
    postmortemspasm wrote: wtf is wrong with all of u ppl's brains????? u make it out to be the best thing since double kicks??? get over it its not that great
    You are a douche, stfu. Thank you for your time.
    SchitzoJoe
    crackhutch wrote: SGibson666 wrote: This album is better than sex. PERIOD. I don't really like having sex while she's on her period. >.>
    Hehe. Period sex.
    crackhutch
    SGibson666 wrote: This album is better than sex. PERIOD.
    I don't really like having sex while she's on her period. >.>
    SGofawesome
    SGibson666 wrote: This album is better than sex. PERIOD.
    WHOA! HEY NOW! A little far i'd say, or your wanker is too small to be pleasured. JK, but yea, This album comes close to that. I don't get why he said Skeletons of Society is one of the latter songs. It's one of the best, even though pretty much all the others are just as amazing. I just love the first drum beat, gets me pumped.