Show No Mercy review by Slayer

• Released: Dec 3, 1983
Slayer: Show No Mercy

Slayer is one of the best 80s metal bands, with much reputation for ear splitting guitar riffs and solos. Most people would say that the other great 80s metal bands would have to be: Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax. This album was not just the beggining of Slayer but heavy metal itself. All of the the songs have a fast paced heavy guitar riffs, followed by amazing one of a kind solos going all over the fret board.

The lyrics are very dark and satanic. But in every song in this album you can find a bit of harmony in the words. The evil lyrics go hand on hand with the satanic guitar playing for one reason. Because it sounds so great. That has been the foundation of metal for the past 25 years. Most of the lyrics have something to do with: satan, hell, death, sacrifice, violence, torture, hate, pain, evil, etc. But every Slayer is is about that kind of stuff, and that will never change. Because that is what Slayer is all about. That has been proven because millions of people love Slayer.

Overall this album is much like Slayer's albums to follow. Bit it still after 25 years has much uniqueness and originality. The best song on this CD would have to be Metal Storm and Black Magic. I love the intence guitar solos, so much. Kerry king is very awesome, at what he does. But the only thing to hate about this album is that the songs are too short. About the average running time of a song from this album is only 3 minutes. All togther this album only lasts half an hour. But anybody who is into classic metal really should get thier hands on this cd.I have this album everywhere I go on every format. On a cd, in my computer, on my ipod, on a cassete. I bought this album when it first came out in 1983. And I still like every song on it. I never get tired with this CD. Rock on!

Mathbra
    DaBlackE : Slayer's classic debut. The production on this album is definitely not Rick Rubin's. Too much reverb on the vocals. These songs sound awesome live. I wish Slayer would rerecord this along with Hell Awaits & Haunting the Chapel.
    No!! No one should touch hell awaits! Great album
    slayersaves22
    slayer is the best metal band to follow through from the 80's, this album along with every other slayer album is the purest form of heavy/thrash metal ever created, slayer rules!!!
    BobbyTheKing
    Stop clanking down on Araya, if you're really in to thrash metal you should know that thrash was never about singing good or playing like a god. In these early days it was all about the vocalist having an attitude in the voice. Araya, Hetfield or any other vocalist was never on about singing good, all the tharsh singer sang with attitude, that was the important thing for them and the fans. Love this album btw!=D
    jerbal
    i completely agree with BobbyTheKing , this isnt emo IT'S THRASH !!
    Tormedhammeren
    I don't think it's very wise to talk down on Tom Araya. You (9Ddevil9) know, Slayer has got one of the most devoted fans ever, and I think you're gonna take a lot of shit for that one, hahah. And I can't believe someone actually called Slayer emo. That's just retarted. You must have found some other band named Slayer. If you don't like thrash, just don't listen to it, dumbass.
    Pree666
    9DDevil9,about your comments on Araya...do not agree.This isn't the type of genre where you need to song like you sing in a thetre.Get real...this is THRASH METAL!!!Tom Araya rocks beyond mortal limits.Very fitting vocals throughout the album.\m/Slayer\m/