War At The Warfield [DVD] review by Slayer

• Released: Jul 29, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Slayer: War At The Warfield [DVD]

Well, it is Slayer. The sound is of course brutal. After the first 6 powerchords of Disciple, the metal that follows is simply headbangingly good. The sound is pretty awesome although sometimes Kerry Kings playing is not as loud as it should be. But it doesnt really cause a problem as Tom screaming "God Hates Us All" and "Raining Blood" is nothing less than what you would expect from one of thrash metals greatest ever frontmen and of course band.

Content — 10
The set list is what you would expect as a Slayer fan, all the classics are here and each of them are performed to perfection. During the concert, there are interviews with Slayer fans and beleive it is funny, some are just palin funny and others make you wonder if Slayer have completely fried their brain. However it is entertaining, if not dark, the interviewer is a bit of a dork though. The extras include the Blodline video which is pretty fantastic and more interviews with fans and the band themselves. A couple more videos would have been cool, but I am not complaining, Here is the setlist: Disciple, War Ensemble, Stain of Mind, New Faith, Postmortem, Raining Blood, Hell Awaits, Here Comes The Pain, Die By The Sword, Dittohead, Bloodline, God Send Death, Dead Skin Mask, Seasons In The Abyss, Captor Of Sin, Mandatory Suicide, Chemical Warfare, South Of Heaven, Angel Of Death.

Production Quality — 10
The quality is excellent, like I said Kings guitar isnt always the best sounding, however this must have been a problem at the gig and you can still here it fine so yeah, awesome!

This live DVD is one of the best I have seen. It is better than Korn's live at Hammersmith and just as good as Slipknot Disasterpieces and Metallica Live Shit. It will be given a real run for its money with the new Slayer DVD Still Reigning which I have not seen yet, it includes the Wall of Blood and of course the Machine Head DVD scheduled for release next year, which will be awesome. However Slayer are awesome, seeing them live is the only thing better than this DVD and even if you have seen them live, this DVD is a must for any metal head with a DVD player. If it was stolen I would buy it again as long as it is under 10! (Don't ask, think my brain has been fried too). "Slayer, Slayer, Slayer Slayer" possibley the best metal chant of all time.