War At The Warfield [DVD] review by Slayer

• Released: Jul 29, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Slayer: War At The Warfield [DVD]

Slayer is the only band I listen to that, in my opinion, does not insanely speed all the time like there is no tomorrow, and still can make sure their ticket to hell. If you know what I mean. This DVD is a concert with some random interviews and footage from after/before the concert. This is pure Slayer, even beter live than I expected. But some of those interviews could have been left out. If you'll see it, you'll know what I mean.

Content — 10
The concert wich features mostly God Hates Us All stuff, but also some of their old stuff like Die by the Sword. Setlist: 01. Disciple - good song to get things going. 02. War Ensemble 03. Stain Of Mind 04. New Faith 05. Postmortem 06. Raining Blood - kick-ass intro. 07. Hell Awaits 08. Here Comes The Pain - one of the few introduced songs. 09. Die By The Sword 10. Dittohead 11. Bloodline - this shows how 'distant' Kerry's guitar sounds. 12. God Send Death 13. Dead Skin Mask 14. Seasons In The Abyss 15. Capto Of Sin 16. Mandatory Suicide 17. Chemical Warfare 18. South Of Heaven 19. Angel Of Death It's a very good setlist in my opinion. I'm glad the DVD wasn't mixed in a way they cut out all interact moments. This DVD also features the Bloodline Video, which I think didn't come trough the mtv check.

Production Quality — 10
Very good quality. At least mine has a nice box, booklet included with setlist and photo complication. The menu is kind of neat, live vid of Bloodline, Fire, what more do you want as a menu?

It's a kick ass DVD, definatly worth the 23 Euro's. It impressed me how it wasn't mixed to sound like them in the studio, but you could kinda tell that it was mixed a bit. It has all of my favorite Slayer songs, a never seen before bloodline video. The only thing I don't like is some random interviews. I would probably do somethign to the thief described in Slayer songs.

Sintera666
    I just got this DVD and I was floored with its greatness! I espescially like Reign in Blood!