War At The Warfield [DVD] Review

artist: Slayer date: 01/31/2012 category: compact discs
Slayer: War At The Warfield [DVD]
Released: July 29, 2003
Still, it's a safe bet that none of the thousands who crammed into San Francisco's Warfield Theater in December 2001 to scream, thrash, mosh, and headbang for this 90-minute show went home unhappy.
 Content: 9.7
 Production Quality: 10
 8.7
 9.6
 7.8
War At The Warfield [DVD] Reviewed by: narmi, on december 02, 2004

Sound: Well, it is Slayer. The sound is of course brutal. After the first 6 powerchords of Disciple, the metal that follows is simply headbangingly good. The sound is pretty awesome although sometimes Kerry Kings playing is not as loud as it should be. But it doesnt really cause a problem as Tom screaming "God Hates Us All" and "Raining Blood" is nothing less than what you would expect from one of thrash metals greatest ever frontmen and of course band. // 8

Overall Impression: This live DVD is one of the best I have seen. It is better than Korn's live at Hammersmith and just as good as Slipknot Disasterpieces and Metallica Live Shit. It will be given a real run for its money with the new Slayer DVD Still Reigning which I have not seen yet, it includes the Wall of Blood and of course the Machine Head DVD scheduled for release next year, which will be awesome. However Slayer are awesome, seeing them live is the only thing better than this DVD and even if you have seen them live, this DVD is a must for any metal head with a DVD player. If it was stolen I would buy it again as long as it is under 10! (Don't ask, think my brain has been fried too). "Slayer, Slayer, Slayer Slayer" possibley the best metal chant of all time. // 10

War At The Warfield [DVD] Reviewed by: MetalNick, on march 01, 2006

Sound: Slayer is the only band I listen to that, in my opinion, does not insanely speed all the time like there is no tomorrow, and still can make sure their ticket to hell. If you know what I mean. This DVD is a concert with some random interviews and footage from after/before the concert. This is pure Slayer, even beter live than I expected. But some of those interviews could have been left out. If you'll see it, you'll know what I mean. // 9

Overall Impression: It's a kick ass DVD, definatly worth the 23 Euro's. It impressed me how it wasn't mixed to sound like them in the studio, but you could kinda tell that it was mixed a bit. It has all of my favorite Slayer songs, a never seen before bloodline video. The only thing I don't like is some random interviews. I would probably do somethign to the thief described in Slayer songs. // 9

War At The Warfield [DVD] Reviewed by: IronDeathKiss, on january 31, 2012

Sound: Slayer IS Thrash Metal. They're speed is uncanny, they're power is unholy and they're lyrics are sinister. Slayer, in terms of music, is evil personified, and in a good way I might add and this document from the God Hates Us All Tour IS the definitive Slayer live anything, counting albums and DVD releases. Tom Araya is on top of his game on this show, His raspy voice is perfect for Slayer, he only has one blooper and that's his epic fail on the scream of Angel of Death, but you have to consider, Tom is getting up there in age. (note: this is probably why he doesn't even attempt the signature scream anymore), nonetheless he sounds amazing. Kerry and Jeff are still cranking out the fatest and heaviest riffs ever heard and Paul Bostaph, while not quite as good as Mr. Lombardo, is a God at Drumming. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said before, THIS IS THE GREATEST SLAYER DVD, and perhaps the greatest live Slayer experience. The most impressive thing to me is the track list, absolutely amazing. I love the track list, I love the energy, I love Tom's "commentary" in between songs. If this were stolen I would definitely buy it again // 10

Comments