World Painted Blood review by Slayer

• Released: Nov 3, 2009
Slayer: World Painted Blood

The Latest album from Satanic Thrash legends Slayer is "World Painted Blood"! It is an insanely dark thrashy album And their deffinently the legends of thrash! Their sound is more agressive and it sounds like Christ illusion all over again. The sound is very chainsaw sounding fast thash. If you buy any slayer album for your first I think this album shows slayer at their best.

The lyrics are dark and satanic as you would normally see from Slayer which gets abit old but classic Slayer. Tom's Vocal range has increased incredibly since Their 1st album where he was a singer now he is a yeller! He finishes the power of the music with his legendary yell! Although its hard to understand the lyrics when he yells as fast as the guitar is going but its still an amazing sound.

The most impressive song on the album is a toss up between the title track/intro "World Painted Blood" and the slower more heavy song "Playing With Dolls"! But every track on this album is amazing. I love the thrashy-ness of the album the speed the power the agression! What I hate about the album is the lyrical satanic theme's they just seem to be the same all the time and the guitar solos also annoy me they don't seem to be thought up real well or in the key of the song musically just sound like a bunch of random notes. This album compared to the other latest albums from the Big Four is just as amazing as "Death Magnetic" - Metallica and "Endgame" - Megadeth. This is a stand out album from a stand out band! If it was lost/stolen I would deffinently buy it again! can't wait for the next installment from Slayer!