Chronchitis review by Slightly Stoopid

• Released: Aug 7, 2007
Slightly Stoopid: Chronchitis

Ready to hear a band unlike anything on your radio today? Slightly Stoopid is back with their fifth studio album "Chronchitis" and their reggae/ska/stoner sound is alive now more than ever. Lead by the amazing guitar work and complimenting vocals of Kyle McDonald and Miles Doughty, Slightly Stoopid continue their musical journey away from their punk rock roots. Like any typical Stoopid album, you get your reggae hits or acoustic riff laced songs, and occasionally a combination of both.

Lyrics have never been a strength of Slightly Stoopid. This is evident in "Baby I Like It" as one verse talks of making love to a women like star wars characters. Don't let this unfortunate lyric fool you, Slightly Stoopid completely redeems themselves with the beautiful ballad "Reward for Me" and reggae jam "Round the World". It would be difficult to find a band out today that can combine sound guitar play with two outstanding lead singers like Slightly Stoopid.

Overall Chronicitis will stand the test of time for Stoopid fans around the world. Key songs include "Girl you So Fine, Pt.1/Pt.2" and the aforementioned "Reward for Me". Also, every party should be required to play "Ocean", Jim Hendrix tribute "Jimi", and "Mind On Your Music" for their beats and chill lyrics. Although Chronchitis may not be the best Stoopid album to recommend to new fans (see Everything You Need or Closer to the Sun for that), it will intrigue you enough to hear more of their music. I would definitely buy Chronchitis again for one simple reason: I like fresh, new music that makes me grab my guitar and head to Ultimate-Guitar.

jhooves
    this album is in it's own category. I've never heard a band make a softer sounding album that rocks as much as the rest. These guys did it. The secondary percussion alone is enough to drag me in. The guitar keeps me listenin.