Everything You Need review by Slightly Stoopid

• Released: Mar 18, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
Slightly Stoopid: Everything You Need

Stoopid's sound is very original. Basically, it is a mix between Bob Marley, The Kottonmouth Kings, and Jack Johnson. The songs range on Everything You Need range from rap, reggae, acoustic rock, to even punk rock. This album defined Slightly Stoopid's unique style, breaking away from the sound that it started with that sounded suspiciously like Sublime. However, the songs are for the most part, very simple and repetitive and can get very old after awhile. But in small doses, to me at least, they are fairly decent.

The lyrics, which are all almost obviously written while high, are not very good at all. I would like Stoopid much more if they had at least one song that they took more than fifteen minutes to write. The singers, while maybe not saying anything meaningful, have great voices which are almost musical instruments on their own.

This album, while it is not my favorite, is still decent. It is a very original sound which is hard to find lately in this age of "The combination" (two guitars, bass, drum, whiney singer). If I lost this album, I would probably just download it, but I wouldn't buy it from a store again. Don't let me (or the terrible band name) deter you from giving them a listen, they definitely deserve it. They have an original sound that has yet to be ripped off.

Dunivan
    Ely Rosetta wrote: i mentioned sublime if you read the whole thing, they started out as a few big sublime fans so their early stuff sounded suspiciously like sublime: however,they eventually found their own unique sound. Hope that clears up some confusion.
    yeah except they werent just fans, Brad found them and got them signed to skunk. Brad taught them the reggae technique. Honestly if your going to write something get the whole story
    blinnk16
    vlp_dope
    blinnk16 wrote: I wouldn't buy a album from a band named "slightly stoopid" but, I suppose Limp Bizkit can sell a few albums, why can't these guys.
    haha that came from a guy who likes blink 182. anyways i like slightly stoopid.at least it's better than the crap u hear everyday.
    RooR24
    Closer to the Sun has got to be my favorite album by them. blinnk16.. you are an idiot
    sufjan_godly
    Stoopid?s sound is very original.Basically, it is a mix between Bob Marley, The Kottonmouth Kings, and Jack Johnson.
    um...have we already forgotten sublime? come now anyways, good stoner music i guess. jedi is a funny song
    its_sublime07
    i love this band, but i gotta say, this is probably their worst album, if you want a killer reggae album, pick up closer to the sun by them, and if you want more punk rock, then get the longest barrel ride or self titled. and if you get all of these cd's but want more of that kind of music, listen to the expendables, sacrifice is a good one
    Ely Rosetta