Everything You Need review by Slightly Stoopid

• Released: Mar 18, 2003
Slightly Stoopid: Everything You Need

Ska is coming close to the best genre because of this album. I have to admit this is one of the few albums where I can say every song on the album is worth listening to. It surprised me when I first heard it. Everything You Need, Officer, Killin me deep inside, Wiseman, and Collie Man took my breath away. I was shocked after this album and it changed my views of style in music and now, I want to make ore music sounding like theirs.

The lyrics can be better, but not much. The Lead singer has a great voice and I couldnt think of anybody better than him. They came up with strong lyrics even if some of them were not true, it's supposed to take you away from reality. I couldnt believe my ears could allow such awesomeness into them without exploding.

If I had only enough money to buy one CD, I would buy this (if I didn't already have it, or if it got lost). Just listen and be prepared for amazment. I wasn't ready for it and BAM, it hit me with all of it's force. All I'm trying to say is, if you buy this album, you are a wiseman.

jhooves
    This album is heavy with hip hop and punk. It's not my favorite by them, but it does have some good tracks on it. Slightly stoopid is an awesome name by the way.
    Hostile Apostle
    I really don't think they sound much like Sublime but they sound "suspiciously" like Sublime mainly because when they put out their first album they were on Skunks record label which was started by Brad Nowell of Sublime. Brad even played the bass part on "Prophet" off of their first album "Slightly $toopid" and Sublime even covered the song which later appeared on the "Everything Under The Sun" compilation. Besides who wouldn't want to sound like Sublime?