9.0: Live review by Slipknot

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
Slipknot: 9.0: Live

Now, I haven't been a fan of Slipknot for very long, I actually used to hate the band, but I must say, this CD (double disc) really changed my point of view towards them. I borrowed this CD off a friend for a couple days, and I actually started to like them, mainly because I was impressed at their ability to play such a great live gig. I've seeb lots of bands play live, and it's become obvious that the hardest gigs to play, are metal gigs, the band just gets tired, and the vocals are usually crap. However, on this cd, it's as if it's a studio album, Corey never misses a note, but the mask kinda muffles the vocals, and makes him sound like he's shooting random gibberish out of his mouth.

Like I said before, pretty hard to understand some songs, but on all the others, he can bealt out the song so powerfully, it's shocking! Like in "Before I Forget". He sings the song so well, and so loudly without messing up one single note, it's enough to put Bjorn (In Flames) to shame.

This CD is like none other, the songs are all well played, especially the drum solo on number 11, and the sound quality is amazing, minus some of the vocals. Probably, the best songs on this album are "Before I Forget", "Skin Ticket", and ooh, lets say "Wait And Bleed", just cause it sounds so awesome on this CD. I really love the guitar best on this album, the drums are alos fantastic, and the only thing I can really complain about are the muffled vocals, sometimes they get really annoying. Mind you, if someone stoll this CD, I wouldn't care, not because it's not mine, but because I don't like it enough, I'd just get it burned or somethin'.

wolferine45
    Like alot of people have said he sounds different but never the less the drum solo rocked. 311 did a awesome job but sic didnt need the synthersizer at the start of it and the intro could have been faster. The staged "slipknot will not be performing tonight" at the start was unnessicary. Mick did the best job from the nine of them. I quite enjoyed Duality though. Omfg he mumbled Spit it out i was very dissapointed that was one of my favourite songs. He could have said ''are you f**king ready'' less.
    No...no...no...Corey sing this bad because he jump the f**k to many times...and he didnt concertrated on the sound...When i downloaded this album ithought that it will be very good sound and non energized...its not bad sound and very energized...its like grunge metal
    hate_hate_hate
    singing was bad but dont you think your voice would sound like that too if you toured and were screaming like corey taylor did?
    wolferine45
    my miss take now that i have listened to it longer, i think that coreys newer voice is a good sound. i still stand by thinking that he should say "are you ****ing ready" less.
    wolferine45
    oh and i rekon they should have replaced the song "iowa" with "my plague" or "gently". they did gently awesome on disasterpieces.