9.0: Live review by Slipknot

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
Slipknot: 9.0: Live

As you know, this isa live album.The good thing about live albums is that they show an impression of the band that you wouldn't get from something recorded in a studio; you get to see (and hear) thier raw talent. In 9:0 Live, Slipknot do not dissapoint. They all prove that they can do everything that a fully mixed track could show. Great!

Corey Taylor proves to everybody that will buy this album that he can both sing, and quickly change his vocal style in a way that goes with everything else going on in the background. He gets the timing perfect almost all of the time. Now I get to a problem: the vocals can a lot of the time be hard to follow, and it can be hard to understand as well. The fact that most of the songs have a clear meaning makes up for that problem though.

the album has 2 discs, and a total of 24 tracks including Joey Jordison's amazing drum solo. The track cover their 3 major albums, and all fit in time. When I got this from the local music store, I listened to it 3 times in 2 days, and I still listen to it a lot. The fact with 9:0 Live is that it shows that: not only are Slipknot good in a studio, but they really shine in live performances as well. If you are a Maggot, get this if you havn't already. If you are a metal fan, get it. But if you want something new, try it, you might like it.

Sintera666
    Trivium_fan_ wrote: Corey is the best singer that i heard of so far. and if u think he sucks, well f*** you then. I'd like to see you try.
    Man, I left that last message almost a year ago. I feel terrible because, then, I never appreciated Slipknot. But I bought the Live album, Iowa, and Sub Verses bout a month ago and I must say I am ashamed of myself. SLPIKNOT IS THE SHIT!!! The Live album, I still say Caorey isnt the best Live but he's alright. I'll write a review soon. P.S. I have a great scream and gutteral and am looking for a band. (well at least I think I do.)
    C_guitarhero
    singin thru a mask was a bit of a problem for coer in spit it out as the song is a bit rappy if u no what i mean and it muffled his for into unrecognisable slurs that almost ruined the song...but what the heck it was still great the guitars were tuned perfectly and the energy was buzzin thru out.
    Sintera666
    HAHAHAHA! This live album isn't Live, Its DEAD! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Corey Taylor sucks live! Still, a band i'd like to go see!
    peter808
    u better go see them they are so good-live i saw them in 2005 at download/ozzfest(last ozzfestival ) it was ace!!!!!
    peter808
    alexsmith1997
    Its a good album just because its live doesnt mean it has to be perfect. I thought it was great
    victimsofadown!
    He did sound shit then but now when you hear him in download live he puts up a much better peformance
    C_guitarhero
    I know some metal bands to sound off key live however slipknot do not, which to be honest requires a lot of thought about reverb and echo actin on the speaker from the size of the venue.
    cracchiolo
    i am not much for live songs! or cds! corey sounds really worn out on most of these songs i don't blame him jumping around in a mask all day in a suit is hard tiring work! plus he drinks a lot of beer! lol. i love corey taylor to death!!
    Jester InFlames
    the first review is funny. It's true but the note is still bad. all right album but ****en far from imperative! Am I the only one who noticed a mistake at Pulse of the maggots?
    biscuitiis.k
    this is shit...can't hear any singing... I think slipknot are good live but vocals are only good in the studio...WITHOUT his mask...BUT today he's ok cause he's got a mask where he can ACTUALLY move his mouth freely unlike the one on here...
    saitenslayer
    he sounds good but did he say **** enough lol,i went to the mayhem fest and he didnt say half as much as he did in this CD
    Slipgod
    Corey's voice.. ouch everything else is awesome Sintera_666 wrote.... Man, I left that last message almost a year ago. I feel terrible because, then, I never appreciated Slipknot. But I bought the Live album, Iowa, and Sub Verses bout a month ago and I must say I am ashamed of myself. SLPIKNOT IS THE SHIT!!! The Live album, I still say Caorey isnt the best Live but he's alright. I'll write a review soon. i know how you feel im a guitarist go me =P
    Trivium_fan_