All Hope Is Gone review by Slipknot

• Released: Aug 26, 2008
Slipknot: All Hope Is Gone

Slipknot has always made each album very different from the others, but at the same time; they keep their core sound. This album was no exception. With a mix of heavy songs (Dead Memories, Psychosocial), and acoustically driven songs (Snuff); Slipknot has mixed 2 styles to make a complete masterpiece.

The lyrics on "All Hope Is Gone," are impressive. From the apocalyptic title track to the emotional "Snuff," Corey Taylor really shows his lyrical talent. He also exhibits his range of vocals from soulful singing to low-pitched growls. The backing vocals on this album were amazing too, everyone seems to be able to come together to make a vocal masterpiece.

"All Hope is Gone" is altogether a great album, however those who are just starting to listen to Slipknot, this may not be the album to start with, it is a little more in-depth than their other albums. If you love Slipknot though, this is definitely an album worth buying.

SlipKnoT_M666
    guitarfreak222
    theotherguy7145 wrote: guitarfreak222 wrote: Slayer_Guy wrote: I want to know how the drumming is... It's the best part of slipknot so why is not mentioned so much? YEAH! I Fucking love the drumming. Don't they have several drummers or something? Looking at live videos...
    Yeah, it makes it really awesome/intense
    'a7xrocz'
    SlipKnoT_M666 wrote: I love sliknot and dont get me wrong, the album is excellent bt the should have stuck more to their previous work because they cant really use there new mellow shit in their fuling purely insane shows... anyway i like it... Stay (sic) Worship the KNOT!!!!!
    ya but i have seen them play some of them live to
    drCoSmO1
    nightcrawler5 i loled at your review cuz you were talking about them wearing masks so that fans would not idealize them by looks, but joey is like the fricken ugliest person ive ever seen. im not playing downplaying his drumming, but still hes pretty freakin ugly lol
    AbortedCannibal
    This album ' All Hope Is Gone ' is a disgrace to fans that have been listening for years .Its an utter disgrace
    AbortedCannibal
    Tracerbullet wrote: This Album sucks! Overrated Sellout Garbage! I would call it cheesy, experimental, overdrummed, Deathpopmusic. This sounds even worse than 90% of the Metalcoregarbage! Final Verdict: 2 Points!
    brilliant way to put it ,this album is a disgrace and an embarasment to people that have been listening to them for years .What happened to IOWA ? this album makes me ashamed to call myself a Slipknot fan or a Maggot .. this album depressed me .