All Hope Is Gone review by Slipknot

• Released: Aug 26, 2008
Slipknot: All Hope Is Gone

SlipKnot, as a band, and as people, have evolved since their 1999 release. It started out as, lets be as angry and crazy as we can, just to make people see that we are serious. Now that they've done that, they've stepped it up. They are creating longer songs, and compiling ALL of their material into one. This is not the SlipKnot found on the 1999 release..this is something new..this is now the Knot at the prime.

Corey Taylor and Joey Jordison are the main producers in SlipKnot..but on this album, Jim, Clown, Paul, and Craig all put in their 2 cents. All of the songs on this album have a great meaning, and a great(or not so great, depending on your views of the world) message. The lyrics fit the music, and the lyrics make the music. Corey really stepped it up here, along with the rest of the nine.

This is nothing like metal today. SlipKnot created somehting different..as the do every record. All the songs on are amazing, but the songs that really stood out to me were, Gematria, Sulfur, This Cold Black, and Snuff. My favourite songs because of the lyrics and how the lyrics fit the songs so well! I love this album so much. It really opened my eyes to things.