All Hope Is Gone review by Slipknot

• Released: Aug 26, 2008
Slipknot: All Hope Is Gone

This CD is a new way in the musical history of Slipknot.It has got songs that are comparable to old ones like `wait and bleed' or `duality'. And some new songs that are more like ballads or songs that been affected by the modern hard rock. Well, after 4 years of waiting for the new Slipknot album, I hoped for an epic album, that would continue the fantastic serial of previous Cd's. The album begins with an 2 minutes long, Slipknot typical intro called 'Execute`. The 2nd song `Gemetria(the killing name)' is one of the harder and faster sort of songs withvery cool guitar riffs and drum beats. The Following song `Sulfur' is one of my favourite on this album, hard riffs, a really badass bass and the musical dabauch of DJ Sid Wilson plus the background vocal are mixed to an highlight of this Cd. After that the two best songs of the album are coming `Psychosocial` and 'Dead Memories`. 'Psychosocial' was the first single of the album and just the 'the limit of the dead` break stops the whole power in this song a bit.'Dead Memories` is a big opposite to the first songs, the guitar riff reminds me a bit on `wait and bleed`and it's more like a metal ballad. Song 6 and 7 are typical power songs of Slipknot and two of the 'not so special` songs, but they are still good. `Gehenna' is one of the psychedelic metal songs with a low speed and a cool guitar solo.Song 9 and 10 are simply hard fast metal songs with very clever guitar riffs and a very good corey on the vocals. As the musical way of Slipknot forecasted us there is finnaly a accoustic ballad with touching lyrics and a sad sound. `Snuff` is a very good song that is now often played in memory of Paul Gray(R.I.P). The last song of the album is the title song. `All hope is gone' is again one of the fast songs with a great double base of Joey and the hard fast gutar riff plus the sampling and a heavy chorus. There are 3 bonus songs on the special edition 'Child of burning time', 'Vermillion pt.2(Bloodstone Remix)' and `Till'we die'. All good songs which fitted into the attitude of All hope is gone. "All Hope Is Gone" has got very much good sites and just a few bad ones. The Sound quality is very good and is pretty awesome with 5.1 sound system.

Like on the previous Cd's Slipknot or mainly Corey Taylor are doing a great lyrics and singer job. As alyays most of the lyrics got an hidden sense and this time Corey sings with his growling and his melodic voice. Just some bad things are destroying the very good work. Example: All hope is gone (the Song) In the chorus corey losts his voice a few time and you can hear his breathing too loud. Not a big thing but I'm sure that he could have done it better during the first albums. Also in the song is the very short part when they are screaming ALL HOPE IS GONE. That really blew me away becouse of it's power. What I liked, too. Are the lyrics of `Snuff': So save your breath I will not hear I think I made it very clear You couldn't hate enough to love Is that supposed to be enough? I only wish you weren't my friend Then I could hurt you in the end I never claimed to be a saint My hope was banished long ago It took the death of hope to let you go I love these lyrics and the whole work Corey does on the album. He just gort a few lows, and he is still one of my favourite singers.

Finally an awesome album of an awesome band. Some people are saying that it is the worst album of Slipknot, and maybe it is, but it is still very good and powerfull. I can suggest this album to anyone who likes metal or similar music genres, and I'm happy that I've got it. I hope that my English wasn't to bad to understand, and I still hope that there will be a new Slipknot album and that 'All hope isn't gone`;)