Disasterpieces [DVD] review by Slipknot

• Released: Nov 26, 2002
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 10
Slipknot: Disasterpieces [DVD]

Hard hitting full of energy, from the haunting Metabolic, to the nihilistic cries of the Heretic Anthem. Nu-metal/rapcore/whatever the hell you want to call it at it's finest! Live Slipknot sounds almost as good as studio, and on most tracks, better!

Content — 8
This live footage was taken from a frenetic appearance in London. The DVD includes all of the band's videos from Spit It Out to Wait And Bleed (the rarely seen animated version) to Left Behind (director's cut). Also the song Purity (taken off when Slipknot got close to being sued), is included, rare as the studio track, and live! The only gripe I have is the lack of extra special features. Otherwise, awesome!

Production Quality — 10
High quality in almost every way, multiple camera angles for every member of the band, and awesome techniques of lighting and stagemanship. Beautiful quality film, in a high resolution.

This is by far one of the best band DVDs I've ever seen, topping Rammstien, Disturbed, Mudvayne and even Slipknot's own Welcome To The Neighborhood. The best thing and probably the reason to get the DVD is the awe inspiring live footage. As I said the only gripe is the lack of extra features. If it were lost, or stolen, or even a special edition were released I would buy it again, and maybe even an extra 'just in case'!