Disasterpieces [DVD] review by Slipknot

• Released: Nov 26, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Slipknot: Disasterpieces [DVD]

IF someone asked me, "What do slipknot sound like?" I would not be able to answer that for them. To know what slipknot sound like, you have to listen to them.I cannnot tell you exactly what they sound like, but I can describe their sound. Slipknot have a very Heavy sound, raspy vocals, perfect tune vocals, blistering guitar work, ear popping drum routines, head spinning DJ-ing, thumping bass, and weird sometimes scary sound samples. There are nine members in the band, with all their talents mixed together you get a very unique sound. "Slipknot" are like a genre, its that unique, but if I was to describe it I would call it, Heavy metal/rap metal/Nu-metal/alternative metal. IF you want an accurate description of their sound, go have a listen to them. The DVD "Disasterpieces" is live footage of the band in London, when they play live the band plays as if their lives depend on it, playing soley for the "maggots". I think that when they play live it sounds better than a studio recording, because the sound was more clear and easier to understand for me and that you could see the band!

Content — 10
When I opened the DVD for the first time, a small booklet fell out. On the front of this booklet it had the Slipknot logo and the words "People = Shit". Inside the booklet there is a photo of each band member, followed by their name and there number, also the booklet reads on the last page: "To all the maggots around the world, thank you for your support". The DVD was recorded live at the London arena in 2002. The Show was filmed by over 30 cameras. You get to see Slipknot before the show as they prepare, the live set of the band, all of the bands videos, the previously unrealesed audio track "Purity" and the feature of seeing the onstage performance, through the eyes of the band. The Live set list is as follows: 01. People = Shit 02. Liberate 03. Left Behind 04. Eeyore 05. Disasterpiece 06. Purity 07. Gently 08. Eyeless 09. My Plague 10. New Abortion 11. The Heretic Anthem 12. Spit It Out 13. Wait And Bleed 14. (sic) 15. Surfacing The bands Videos on the DVD are: 01. My Plague 02. Left Behind (directors cut) 03. Wait And Bleed 04. Wait And Bleed (animated) 05. Spit It Out An awesome feature on the DVD was being able to see the songs "The Heretic Anthem" And "People = Shit" through the eyes of each and every one of the band members, and the feauture of seeing the band prepare before the show.

Production Quality — 10
The quality of the DVD is very high, the sound is as good as a studio album and the picture quality is crystal clear. Some nice tricks that were used on the DVD was the cameras placed on the band members eye level so when the footage was played back its as if your looking through their eyes, awesome.

Slipknot, is like no other artist so you can't compare them to any other artist really, but the standard of the DVD is extremely high, and the band puts on an awesome show. The best thing on this DVD is being able to see the band prepare before the show, being able to see a bit about who they are. The only thing I didn't like about this DVD was the menu, it flashes and shakes and is a bit hard to get used to but since I know how to use it now I don't care. If it were stolen I'd do what I'd do with anything that someone has unrightfully taken away from me, I'd hunt them down, beat the shit out of them and get my DVD back. If it were lost, I'd try and buy another copy, but since its pretty rare, I might not find one.