Disasterpieces [DVD] review by Slipknot

• Released: Nov 26, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Slipknot: Disasterpieces [DVD]

This is Slipknot's first live concert on DVD, and it's a blast. Them sound is great and so are the visuals. With the many cameras and also the special "mask cameras", this also has many points of view. This is quite a long show, it's around the concert is around the 1 hour 45 minutes mark, and with the extra music videos and stuff, it easily reaches over the 2 hours mark. You can also choose to just watch certain parts of the concert if you wish, like if you want to listen or watch only a certain song.

Content — 10
This DVD has a live concert from London on it. It also has all there music videos, including a rare animated "Wait And Bleed" music video on the second disk. The song list was great, they played plenty of songs from there self titled album, "Slipknot" and there second album, "Iwoa". The set of the concert was excellent, they had there tradition spinning drumsets there of course, and they finished the concert like they always do, with the song "Surfacing". It couldn't of been better.

Production Quality — 10
There are some nice camera angles here, I enjoyed the "mask cams" the most. There were plenty of camera's, but besides the "mask cams", there wasn't anything else that stood out.

My overall impression is that any Slipknot fan, true maggot or just a fan of a few songs should buy this. I highly reccommend it, and if lost or broken, I would go out and buy it full price.

nAILZ
    i dislike them. i don't know why, im just not a fan. some guy got mad at me because i didn't like them and he had them tattood.
    tHE_ pEOpLE_13
    I just dont see how you could say that they lack any musical talent at all when you know that they could would kick your ass at anything, they have created may great albums... and then... they must be kindve good because they have the money and the record labels
    uspsteve
    Is that nonsense Slipknot makes considered music by anyone? There's 57 people in the band, and not a single shread of musical ability. It's absolutely apalling that they're making any money at all. I'll stick with Opeth, Dream Theater, Evergrey, Nile, and Shadows Fall.
    burn the stars
    when will you morons learn slipknot suck ass, they arnt heavey at all, theyre mall metal. they are the current hair metal band. the onlt reason i have ANY respect for them is because they vistited my friend in the hospital when he had cancer.
    Smitty101
    they arnt a poser band, look at your username.. "Metal5Life666" ****ign pathetic, so, whos a poser? This DVD was ****ing AWESOME!!!! Loved it, Love Slipknot.
    metal4life66613
    haha im the first hater! haha did any of you see slipknot live before iowa? there were kick ass they had nothing to lose they had a hard atittude and played hard. then iowa then they got famous and and just got louder but not better.. then vol 3 came out and just smelled so bad.. i seen them 4 times an everytime they got lazy and boring.. man at ozzfest 04 they werent even heavy well they did play after hatebreed who are waaaaay better live then slipknot. my point is now that they have a strong fan base they dont need to make or try to make a good hard record anymore cuz they know a bunch of 12 year old kids will buy it anyway.. lame. oh yeah there fake satanist a few of them are christians and oness a jew. they are the biggest posser band ever.
    stumtk
    I love this dvd but i like lamb of god's (killadelphia) dvd a little bit better cause it shows more of what the band is actually like plus it has a whole shit load of extras. But this is a great dvd too!
    Intoxicator
    A very good dvd... it blasts ! i'm not a big slipknot fan, though i like several songs..
    KoRnOnA6String
    SumFan98 wrote: Slipknot < Carl Douglas [for anyone who doesn't know, Carl Douglas was the one-hit wonder that wrote Kung-Fu Fighting]
    Fucking LOOOOL! This DVD is awesome, I saw the performance and loved it! This maggot sure as hell wasn't disappointed
    SumFan98
    7_seven_7
    **** yeah!!! im gona get it. best thing about this article is theres no haters. lets make it stay that way. maggot for life \m/
    Jaykib
    SoundInTime wrote: love the spelling error
    Yeah hahah "I before E except after C"
    Stolenidentity1
    One of the best live performances ever, slipknot always satisfies (sp) on stage. I got this with my buddy, who isnt the biggest slipknot fan, and we watched and i turned him into a huge maggot. He agreed with me that it was one of the best live dvds out there I cant wait till halloween, new dvd will be out!!!!!
    The Novice
    I would buy it if I didn't already own it Sorry for the crap humor, I'm tired as hell.
    ibanez666
    one of the best DVD's around, i highly suggest any true maggot to go and pick this up pronto.