Disasterpieces [DVD] review by Slipknot

• Released: Nov 26, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Slipknot: Disasterpieces [DVD]

Slipknot's music can be compared to nothing else because they try to sound like noone else. With Corey Taylor's crushing, and sometimes haunting vocals, Mick Thomson and Jim Root's screaming guitars, Paul Gray's heart-pounding bass, Joey Jordison, Chris Fehn, and Shawn Crahan's explosive drumming, and Craig Jones and Sid Wilson's mind blowing samples and turn tables, Slipknot creates a sound that has dominated the metal genre since their breakthrough onto the scene with their self-titled album, Slipknot.

Content — 10
The first DVD contains a live performance in London with some short clips of what goes on backstage. The second DVD contains the videos to My Plague, Left Behind, Wait and Bleed, the animated version of Wait and Bleed, and Spit It Out. It also has an audio of the song Purity, which was removed from the Slipknot album when the band was in danger of being sued over it. The second DVD also allows you to change the camera angle of two of the song from the concert, People=Shit and Heretic Anthem, so that you can pick one band member to watch throughout the whole song.

Production Quality — 10
The production quality of the DVD is very good and it seems like they seemed to have filmed it from an infinite different angles and with those angles you can see everything going on on the stage whether it be Mick going crazy on his guitar or Shawn riding a severed goat head.

This is THE best live DVD of any band that I have ever seen. The thing that I would say impressed me the most was the sheer power the band seems to exert while playing live. If this were stolen I would hunt down the person that stole it and make him sit down and watch it with me while eating his own disembowled organs.

drummerdude92
    Savage Animal wrote: Its just noise, people. Loud, loud, angry, mentally impaired noise.
    Yeah. And it's awesome
    mafoogles
    im gonna quote joey on what they sound like "mind rendering ****ing taterintorn experience"
    cKygnardog
    this is the greatest video ive seen by them its amazing and full of crazy shit watching this video is controlled chaos and i will continue to raise hell its sic and maggots will live on
    SlIPKnOtFan2009
    slipknot has the right to be called the band of the 21 century \this dvd proves it. anyone who has seen them live will also know y