Disasterpieces [DVD] Review

artist: Slipknot date: 09/21/2011 category: compact discs
Slipknot: Disasterpieces [DVD]
Released: November 26, 2002
Slipknot's "Disasterpieces" is for anybody who is a fan of Slipknot. This live performance is more than satisfactory. The video and sound quality is really superb. It's almost like you're there live.
 Content: 9.7
 Production Quality: 10
 9.2
 9.8
 8.5
 1,484
Disasterpieces [DVD] Reviewed by: outside.ice, on may 06, 2006

Sound: IF someone asked me, "What do slipknot sound like?" I would not be able to answer that for them. To know what slipknot sound like, you have to listen to them.I cannnot tell you exactly what they sound like, but I can describe their sound. Slipknot have a very Heavy sound, raspy vocals, perfect tune vocals, blistering guitar work, ear popping drum routines, head spinning DJ-ing, thumping bass, and weird sometimes scary sound samples. There are nine members in the band, with all their talents mixed together you get a very unique sound. "Slipknot" are like a genre, its that unique, but if I was to describe it I would call it, Heavy metal/rap metal/Nu-metal/alternative metal. IF you want an accurate description of their sound, go have a listen to them. The DVD "Disasterpieces" is live footage of the band in London, when they play live the band plays as if their lives depend on it, playing soley for the "maggots". I think that when they play live it sounds better than a studio recording, because the sound was more clear and easier to understand for me and that you could see the band! // 9

Overall Impression: Slipknot, is like no other artist so you can't compare them to any other artist really, but the standard of the DVD is extremely high, and the band puts on an awesome show. The best thing on this DVD is being able to see the band prepare before the show, being able to see a bit about who they are. The only thing I didn't like about this DVD was the menu, it flashes and shakes and is a bit hard to get used to but since I know how to use it now I don't care. If it were stolen I'd do what I'd do with anything that someone has unrightfully taken away from me, I'd hunt them down, beat the shit out of them and get my DVD back. If it were lost, I'd try and buy another copy, but since its pretty rare, I might not find one. // 9

Disasterpieces [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 21, 2011

Sound: First of all I'd like to say this DVD is awesome! I... "borrowed" it from my brother and I'll never regret it. I wasn't into Slipknot that much then, but the DVD made me realise how good they are and always will be. But it'll never be the same without Paul Gray. // 10

Overall Impression: If I lost this DVD, I would buy a new one. If this DVD was stolen, I would find the person who stole it and kill him/her in its sleep... And then buy a new one. To all the maggots out there, you have to buy this DVD. Stay (SIC). R.I.P. Paul Gray. // 10

Disasterpieces [DVD] Reviewed by: ADarkerBreed, on february 11, 2005

Sound: Hard hitting full of energy, from the haunting Metabolic, to the nihilistic cries of the Heretic Anthem. Nu-metal/rapcore/whatever the hell you want to call it at it's finest! Live Slipknot sounds almost as good as studio, and on most tracks, better! // 10

Overall Impression: This is by far one of the best band DVDs I've ever seen, topping Rammstien, Disturbed, Mudvayne and even Slipknot's own Welcome To The Neighborhood. The best thing and probably the reason to get the DVD is the awe inspiring live footage. As I said the only gripe is the lack of extra features. If it were lost, or stolen, or even a special edition were released I would buy it again, and maybe even an extra 'just in case'! // 10

Disasterpieces [DVD] Reviewed by: darthballs, on september 06, 2005

Sound: I thought Slipknot sounds way better in concert. The sound was amazing. You could hear everything perfectly. I don't know much else to say but it's just awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD is the best Slipknot DVD I have ever seen. It has 7 songs from IOWA, 7 songs from Slipknot (the name of the album), and 1 bonus track. Every single song is awesome. My favorite part of the DVD is the backstage cams. You can watch the band suit up before the performance and between some songs. Also theres solos by Joey (at the drum set) and Sid (the DJ). // 10

Disasterpieces [DVD] Reviewed by: Maggot66, on september 22, 2006

Sound: This is Slipknot's first live concert on DVD, and it's a blast. Them sound is great and so are the visuals. With the many cameras and also the special "mask cameras", this also has many points of view. This is quite a long show, it's around the concert is around the 1 hour 45 minutes mark, and with the extra music videos and stuff, it easily reaches over the 2 hours mark. You can also choose to just watch certain parts of the concert if you wish, like if you want to listen or watch only a certain song. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression is that any Slipknot fan, true maggot or just a fan of a few songs should buy this. I highly reccommend it, and if lost or broken, I would go out and buy it full price. // 10

Disasterpieces [DVD] Reviewed by: TheImpactPoint, on december 23, 2006

Sound: Slipknot's music can be compared to nothing else because they try to sound like noone else. With Corey Taylor's crushing, and sometimes haunting vocals, Mick Thomson and Jim Root's screaming guitars, Paul Gray's heart-pounding bass, Joey Jordison, Chris Fehn, and Shawn Crahan's explosive drumming, and Craig Jones and Sid Wilson's mind blowing samples and turn tables, Slipknot creates a sound that has dominated the metal genre since their breakthrough onto the scene with their self-titled album, Slipknot. // 10

Overall Impression: This is THE best live DVD of any band that I have ever seen. The thing that I would say impressed me the most was the sheer power the band seems to exert while playing live. If this were stolen I would hunt down the person that stole it and make him sit down and watch it with me while eating his own disembowled organs. // 10

Comments