Iowa review by Slipknot

• Released: Aug 28, 2001
Slipknot: Iowa

I think IOWA was a huge leap for Slipknot. After the 99' release of self-titled Slipknot, IOWA was simple incredible. On IOWA you can tell how Slipknot had become better musicians using alot of fast technical work, and way heavier riffs. Slipknot members did mention how IOWA would be darker and heavier than the self-titled album and boy! Were they right. Dark songs such as "Skin Ticket" and the remake of the classic origional Slipknot song "Gently" from M.F.K.R (Mate, Feed, Kill, Repeat, Slipknot's 1995 demo) were amazing dark, scary, bone chilling songs. Also songs such as "People = Shit" and "The Heretic Anthem" were perfect examples of the fact that IOWA was heavier than the self-titled album. I love the technical work Mick and Jim (guitarists) use on this album. The creativity, speed, and accuracy Jim and Mick have in their guitar playing on this album is amazing. In concusion IOWA kicks ass and any Slipknot fan or metal fan or person searching for some good hard metal, my advice to you is get IOWA!