Iowa review by Slipknot

• Released: Aug 28, 2001
Slipknot: Iowa

This is an incredible cd! Obviously the best of the three Slipknot albums (four if you include M.F.K.R.) It's sound is far superior to the previous self-titled album, their are alot less annoying high pitched squeals, ie: Eyeless, Surfacing. More chunky, metal guitar riffs. The sound has become more mainstream, but maybe it's for the better, plus, both guitarist have more alternate parts instead of both playing the same thing.

The only word I can think of to describe Corey's lyrics is amazing. He is an incredible song writer, songs like the heretic anthem and my plague show how good his lyrics are.

This is definitely a worthwhile buy, I always have it close by to listen to. The best songs from this album are My Plague, Poeple=S--t, New Abortion, The Heretic Anthem, Everything Ends. The only part of this cd I didnt enjoy was how their were songs that were incredible and songs that I wouldn't stoop low enough to listen to. How can Metabolic compare with incredible songs like New Abortion? But I still say this is one of my favorite cds.