Iowa review by Slipknot

• Released: Aug 28, 2001
Slipknot: Iowa

The Iowa album's sound was magnificent with the combination of the crowd pleasing People = Shit and The vicious Heretic Anthem. Joey's (the main drummer) fast ass drumming went into James and mick's riffs like butter on toast. The last Track (Iowa) dragged on way too long, fifteen minutes altogether. I am Hated was a fantastic song yet they nine members could have made the ending a lot better but they made up for it for that by the following melodic track Skin Ticket. In my opinion Gently and Iowa are the only bad songs on the entire album.

The lyrics to many of the songs wern't very inspiring for anything yet the way corey sang them, as always, makes the audience scream louder when they hear the songs on this perticular album such as, My Plauge, The Heretic Anthem, People = Shit, Everything Ends, Left Behind, Disasterpeices and Skin Ticket. The Lyrics to most of the songs fit in Perfectly along with 133's (the dude with the spikes in his head) samples and coreys ecstatic roars.

Compared to The Subliminal Verses and Slipknot(clean) this is probably the best album to date besides 9.0 live because that album had everything you could want from slipknot. The most impressive song on this album, in my opinion, would be either The Heretic Anthem or People = Shit, I'm sure you'd agree. The only thing I hate about this album was that the intro to Iowa(the song not the album), it was boring and it made me want to sleep, to this day I still havn't listened to the song all the way through. I'f I lost this album, I would either steal it off someone else or go and buy it and I advise all the maggots out there to do the same.