Iowa review by Slipknot

• Released: Aug 28, 2001
Slipknot: Iowa

Slipknot is one of my fave bands, it has a uniqueness about it, the vocals aren't screamed, they are rough vocals and also Corey can sing melodies. The varitity of Slipknot doesnt't show on this CD as much as Vol. 3 but it is still fabulous. This album is very heavy, the heavyest they have done to date. I love the riffs on this CD especially Left Behind.

Corey is a very versitial vocalist, if you listen to his other band Stone Sour, there is a lot more melodic vocals than in Slipknot. The lyrics are very good with a meaning usually behind them. On this album there is a lot of harsh vocals and some rapping aswell. The main reason I like Slipknot is the vocals work so well with the heavy Crunching riffs.

I play this album a lot on my computer and in my CD player, along witht the other Slipknot CDs and Trivium. It is one of my favourate albums. My favourate songs are "The Heretic Anthem", "Disasterpice", and "Left Behind". I would definately buy this album again if I lost it.

wildchild6660
    Slipknot was the band that made me fall in love with metal. Later i got into metallica, who music i like better, but slipknot has the best lyrics of any metal band (IMO of course)