Iowa review by Slipknot

• Released: Aug 28, 2001
Slipknot: Iowa

There really isn't anything different in "Iowa 10th Anniversary Edition" from the original "Iowa", so I will be rating the actual original album itself. From "(515)" where Sid screams his lungs out to the daunting mammoth that creeps up on you known as Iowa, this album is hatred, calamity, chaos, malice, and sickness in the form of audio. All songs have been remastered, but that's it. Don't get me wrong, Slipknot's gotten me through middle and high school, but that's really a sum up of the album. Iowa is the darkest Slipknot record to date, and this album shows it. The album also includes a bonus track: "My Plague (New Abuse Remix)". The second CD, is an audio rip from their 2002 DVD "Disaterpieces". I wanted something a little bit more rare and deep within the Iowa Era like they did with "Live 9.0".

The lyrics are in one word - disgusting; but in a good way. "Contagion-Sitting on the side of Satan" - "People=Shit" "I wanna slit your throat and f--k the wound" - "Disasterpiece" "Your impossible ego f--k is like a megalomaniacal tab on my tongue" - "My Plague" "Fix my problems with the blade" - "Everything Ends" "I'm a pop star threat and I'm not dead yet" - "Heretic Anthem" "All my friends have pictures made to make you cry" - "Left Behind" "One less propaganda nightmare fixture" - "The Shape" "I'm fat and I'm ugly and proud, so f--k you" - "I Am Hated" "Cancer and people conspire together" - "Skin Ticket" "Fields of dejected morbid progeny" - "New Abortion" "I wanna dress in your insecurities" - "Metabolic" "I fill your mouth with dirt" - "Iowa"

This also comes with a DVD, which shows a day in the life of Slipknot. 60% live show footage and 40% behind the scene footage. Overall, a closure on the mystery of what is known as the "Iowa" era. A sick, disgusting, cold, heartless, time in Slipknot's career. I feel as if "Iowa"'s story has been told.

BOYERxBREAKDOWN
    legend shredder wrote: IfDaysEnd wrote: I hope they show better themes on their new cd's songs. All these lyrics seem to be written by a teenager trying to look older, I mean, how old is Corey in the first place and he is still singing about cutting his wrists and being himself and all that. And the question that has ever been in my mind, why the **** are they ****ing using goats and pentagrams? That's the worst poser act I've ever seen. come on dude how old r u? does ur mommy no ur on the internet? lol dude if u dont like the lyrics then stop listening to them... pretty simple. and they dont use pentagrams d**kweed they use a nonagram, which is a nine pointed star cus theirs 9 people in the band... and besides their not a sh*tty pop-rock band so they can use goats and stuff and sing about stuff like that cus their a HEAVY METAL BANK!!! and a pentagram is only satanic if they have a long tail. seriously dude make sure u no what ur talking about before u talk about this stuff. and btw corey is not an emo he writes songs about the bad stuff in his life, and if u watch his interview on youtube or somethin (the behind the 9 one) u can see that he didnt really no his father so ud expect a few bad moments. but seriously dude go listen to ur poofy falloutfags or somethin if u cant take heavy lyrics. great album btw!! stay (sic)
    Lol HEAVY METAL BANK!!!