Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat. review by Slipknot

• Released: Jul 13, 1997
Slipknot: Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat.

This album was made in 1995 since then the line-up changed as corey became vocalist and mick became first guitarist. In this album there is a heavy drum but slow and the guitar was very heavy it looked more like hard then metal but one thing to notice is that a lot of songs on the other albums are about the same guitar as in Mate Feed Kill Repeat (killers are quiet that became IOWA and Slipknot that has the same riff as SIC). It isn't quite as good as on the other cds but it has a great sound and there is one song really not like the others it is conffessions it is not what I thought Slipknot could do. Just for this song this album is something you should buy and also for the solos that are great.

The lyrics are less personnal that on the other cds there is one song that is different of the others but the others are not that good. And Anders Colsefni the lead vocal at the moment don't have the quality of the voice of Corey the only thing great is in gently when he really screams his haed off its just great, but his music style is more like confessions.

This album is not like the others albums but to really know Slipknot you have to buy this album the most impressive song is probably confessions because it is really different of slipknots original style. I love that it is different but I don't like the fact that the riffs are always almost the same and it isnt really as good as the ones on the new CDs. But if I lost this CD I think I won't go buy a new one I would go listen to it at my friends house.

MudVayNe999
    listen to bitchslap/do nothing paul FUCKING OWNS on bass i that song with like 3 solos
    sl!pkn0t
    i reckon that slipknot shoud have never gotten rid of anders colsefni. his voice is so much more unique
    CoreysMonster
    Love this Album, mainly because of Slipknot, Gently, and, in my opinion, one of the band's greatest songs: Confessions. I mean, come on, even Slipknot haters will have to agree that Confessions is one hell of a masterpiece
    wolferine45
    what the **** are you guys on corey kicks anders ass u **** ****ers ugg..... u arnt even a ****ing Slipknot fan in my in my opinion
    Guynametyler
    Joey's drumming is spectacular and the guitars are still good. But his singing is awful, getting Corey was the best thing they have done.
    L_E_M_U_R
    emo_rob wrote: i not sure i guess cory is not as good as anders
    very doubtfull there buddy..anders voice aint that good..personal opinion..and corey is alot beter in gently..tho you can hear when anders says sh*t on gently..i like the new version better