Slipknot review by Slipknot

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Slipknot: Slipknot

The style is relativly new when compared to many Nu-Metal bands, Slipknot take the Rap Metal thing to a new level with Black Metal Vocals, Drums and Guitars combined with a set of turntables. Slipknot have been ever changing since MFKR (Mate, Feed, Kill, Repeat) which was their first album but what I can closly compare them to is Slayer (like it or not metallers) Kerry King himself loves the band to pieces!

Pure hate, aggression, despise at the world. The lyrics are clever and sheer bliss! Corey has some expert black metal style throating of words however he just doesnt compare to Max Caverlera of Soulfly or true black metal bands!

Of all my albums I love it to peices, I have all the albums including MFKR and no song is a let down, This album is a must for many but it is a required taste, you either love them or hate them. Lastly, Slipknot is not a satan worshiping band so do not listen to them If you are after abit of stuff like Manson however they are not for the light hearted and ill faithed!